Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

EricT said:
Seahorse said:
They clip on, which means no alterations to my case, cost nothing if you lose them and I have some pipe left... :lol:

The inner edge of the landing skids is "U"-shaped so one side of the clip fits nicely in that slot. No problem with mine so far and they are easy to put and take off as I have a GoProfessional carrying case.

Take note you will be able to see the front right one in straight down shots since you went so big. I went big at first as well but then just decided to use them for takeoff and hand grab all landings so went smaller. You could cut each one in half and they will still be very solid. I keep my front right one at 1/4 inch width and pushed back a bit further than the rest so it wont show in the shot.

I have the filter kit on and CPL so my camera is seated back a bit more than yours for balance purposes but I still think those wide body tall boys will show in straight down shots if that matters to you. If not keep them as is for added stability.

Can I also just add to those who have not had their rotorpixel yet, that if you have the DJI Filter Kit fitted, balance the gimbal first before you turn it on otherwise you will have a nodding gimbal like I did. I turned it on to see if it worked before I had balanced it, then thought it was a duffer, but after balancing it worked lovely !

;)

Anyone know what the warranty period is on the Rotorpixel if it fails during normal use (i.e. no crash)?

I know this has been asked before but I didn't see a response.

Anyone have a GoProfessional case with the rotorpixel? I'm trying to figure out if it'll fit or how I need to modify the case to get it to fit.

I have the GoProfessional case. The Phantom fits in fine with the rotorpixel gimbal installed on it.
One has to make certain that the orientation of the gimbal is such that it doesn't hang below the feet...

Firmware and Servo Travel limit

So, I guess I installed the gimbal in the wrong order. Removed all the old kit, then installed the new parts, THEN went to the P2V assistant software to change the servo travel limit.

Message I kept getting said that the -450 setting wasn't allowed...

Tried to move up to the 3.0 assistant instead. It shows no firmware updates available...?

Meanwhile the camera is live and visible on my Galaxy4, the gimbal seems to be working...

Only issue is that for the camera to be looking straight out from the phantom, it has to be two thirds towards the up scale, leaving most of the travel for looking downward...

Anyone have thoughts about why the assistant software won't let me change the Servo Travel limit?

Which will occur first?

A. Updated App with waypoints and upgraded video support.

B. A flyway with no return.

C. Delivery of Rotorpixel gimbal.

D. A crash

Re: Firmware and Servo Travel limit

MarkMooney said:
So, I guess I installed the gimbal in the wrong order. Removed all the old kit, then installed the new parts, THEN went to the P2V assistant software to change the servo travel limit.

Message I kept getting said that the -450 setting wasn't allowed...

Tried to move up to the 3.0 assistant instead. It shows no firmware updates available...?

Meanwhile the camera is live and visible on my Galaxy4, the gimbal seems to be working...

Only issue is that for the camera to be looking straight out from the phantom, it has to be two thirds towards the up scale, leaving most of the travel for looking downward...

Anyone have thoughts about why the assistant software won't let me change the Servo Travel limit?

Rotorpixels installation notes tell you to do the limits first before the installation process.

;)

HELP: Two crashes today with Rotorpixel... total loss of con

Ok this is driving me nuts! Ever since I installed the RP gimbal, I've had three occasions where the left stick just stops responding and the bird is almost in idle. The third incident broke a prop. I'll be ok at altitude, then as I'm slowly descending, it just starts dropping. No amount of left stick does anything!

Is there anything I'm missing here about the RP gimbal that could cause RC interference? I was in an open football field today. No cell towers or power lines nearby.

Other notes:
At no time did the Phantom lose power. Video transmission continued as normal. I was only about 20 meters away when this happened each time, so it's not a range issue. I run the Phantom in NAZA mode and was in GPS mode the first two times. When it happened the third time, I switched to ATTI mode to see if that would do anything and it made no difference.

I'm extremely frustrated by this, especially after flying incident free since December in the stock configuration.
At this point, I'm not willing to take it up again until I know what's going on.

Re: HELP: Two crashes today with Rotorpixel... total loss of

Geert said:
Hi,

Did you upgrade software ? What version now?
After installing new "hardware" it is wise to recalibrate the sticks, compass.
To be 100% sure this is related to the Rotorpixel gimbal, I would remove the gimbal and make a test flight without gimbal/camera.

Geert

Geert-
Running Firmware 3.04, and I re-calibrated everything prior to my first flight with the RP Gimbal. Sticks, compass, etc.

I agree that there is nothing particular about the gimbal that makes me think it is the problem; however I logged plenty of successful flights before installing the RP Gimbal and never had this issue.

-Jason

There seems to be a small number of people who have had incidents since installing their gimbals, hope there is nothing being introduced into the system which is causing potential problems by running the gimbal ?

:|

pyrophantom said:
There seems to be a small number of people who have had incidents since installing their gimbals, hope there is nothing being introduced into the system which is causing potential problems by running the gimbal ?

We've installed ours and had a semi successful flight, I say semi because we believe there is a minor problem with the jack that plugs into the vision camera, the app was not receiving any signal from the camera, when the jack was twisted it did, so we've emailed Keri, hopefully we can get a replacement part sent out and fly again.

I will say this, it is absolutely AWESOME! waited since February, but worth the wait, it is so incredibly stable, it's just amazing, cant wait to get the replacement part and start flying and recording once again.

skyviewpix said:
pyrophantom said:

We've installed ours and had a semi successful flight, I say semi because we believe there is a minor problem with the jack that plugs into the vision camera, the app was not receiving any signal from the camera, when the jack was twisted it did, so we've emailed Keri, hopefully we can get a replacement part sent out and fly again.

I will say this, it is absolutely AWESOME! waited since February, but worth the wait, it is so incredibly stable, it's just amazing, cant wait to get the replacement part and start flying and recording once again.

Just out of interest how much adjustment did you have to make on the dampers to even out the jello (if you had any). Haven't had a flight yet to see how mine has installed

I had zero jello, I simply just turned the screws several times, get it fitted, these gimbals are just amazing, I'll post the footage here when I edit it, you'll be amazed

pyrophantom said:
skyviewpix said:
pyrophantom said:

Just out of interest how much adjustment did you have to make on the dampers to even out the jello (if you had any). Haven't had a flight yet to see how mine has installed

nugget said:
looks like no update this week.
waiting patiently but it's hard come on 2688.

well i was 658 so yours cant be far behind !! :D

fireye81 said:
I'm 2677 and still no notification :shock:

erm.....well I was 658 so you cant be far behind lolol :lol:

Glad to see Keri is still cranking out Gimbals. I would be nice to hear from him concerning any planned 3rd axis upgrade.

Other than a little sluggish on the controls, and a few minutes shaved of flight times, My Gimbal has been awesome.

Keri?....Any plans for the future of this Gimbal ?

Thanks

The Rookie :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing