Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

On Vacation said:
Has anyone here had trouble getting parts for their gimbal? Here's my story - my rotorpixel order was #363 and I received my shipping notice on March 14. I was fortunate in being overseas when it arrived and was able to read about Geert and MattOlieman's problem with a short in the junction board. I contacted Keri and received advice on how to use a multimeter to check for shorts. Mine also had a short so I haven’t fitted it to my P2V thus avoiding the dreaded frying of the P2V circuit board.
With further advice from Keri I attempted to remove the offending solder from the junction board however it still has a short.
Keri told me he would send me a replacement junction board on April 06 but I'm guessing he forgot. I have attempted to contact him again numerous times to find out if he has sent it and if there is a tracking number for it but I am not getting any response. I hope that one day he will send me the replacement board but I am not holding my breath. In the mean time I carry on staring at a $389 gimbal paperweight on my kitchen table. I hope you people have better luck with getting parts than me. I am looking into ways of getting my money back.[/quote

Keri seems to be pretty good saying he is going to do something and then not carrying through. I know he is busy, but in my book this is no excuse. Defective merchandise needs to be taken care of immediately. My RP works great and I am more than happy with it, but I have a feeling that if I ever need replacement parts for it, that my gimble will be nothing more than a paper weight. Hopefully Keri will eventually come through for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not sure why I keep coming back to this thread as I have no intention of getting a 2 axis gimbal but I do read it from time to time (how sad is that ?!). Somehow it winds me up to read about such awful customer service - surely it would be better to send out one or two less gimbals each day so there is time to deal with problems with existing customers. Just makes me so frustrated to read of people being taken advantage of .....

Hope I am not too far o/t Geert ;)

Pull_Up said:
Did you calibrate the compass in an appropriate open space once you added the lump of metal and electronics to the underside of your Vision? The gimbal can have no effect on the flight controller whatsoever as it not connected to it, but it will have an effect on the compass - which should always be calibrated after you add or remove any hardware from the aircraft.

Yes I did the calibration. Twice.

I'll do it again this afternoon, and I really hope it's gonna be okay because the videos are great. But the forced landing/crash was really weird.

Looks like his MIA again, so much for the perfectly engineered gimbal. To say the least of customer service. WOW somehow i saw this coming. More and more of these incidents getting reported. It is very frustrating after spending that kind of money to not even get the proper after sale customer service.

Of course anyone who isn't dealt with swiftly is right to be annoyed as a customer, but even you've got to admit that by "more and more of these incidents" what you actually mean is two if these reported incidents, one of which was almost certainly caused by calibrating a compass indoors.

As I've said before, unlike a zenmuse the third party gimbals aren't connected to the flight controller, so how exactly do you think that any third party gimbal can cause in commanded control inputs?

Les Malins said:
Pull_Up said:
Did you calibrate the compass in an appropriate open space once you added the lump of metal and electronics to the underside of your Vision? The gimbal can have no effect on the flight controller whatsoever as it not connected to it, but it will have an effect on the compass - which should always be calibrated after you add or remove any hardware from the aircraft.

Yes I did the calibration. Twice.

I'll do it again this afternoon, and I really hope it's gonna be okay because the videos are great. But the forced landing/crash was really weird.

I had an issue with my Vision once way back before I put the gimbal on where it started to circle in the hover during my initial check. Brought it down twice and recalibrated and it did the same. Tried one more time but this time instead of spinning it around holding from above just above the ground I grabbed the skids and turned myself around with the aircraft held in front if me. All was then perfect. It's now my preferred calibration method for the odd times that I do recalibrate because it's also much easier to see the indicator lights...

But I also recalibrate after new firmware or after adding or removing any hardware from the Vision (gimbal, Flytrex, etc).

Don't forget there's also such a thing as a good calibration technique but done in a bad place (unknown to you) so try doing it elsewhere.

Pull_Up said:
Of course anyone who isn't dealt with swiftly is right to be annoyed as a customer, but even you've got to admit that by "more and more of these incidents" what you actually mean is two if these reported incidents, one of which was almost certainly caused by calibrating a compass indoors.

As I've said before, unlike a zenmuse the third party gimbals aren't connected to the flight controller, so how exactly do you think that any third party gimbal can cause in commanded control inputs?

I think the "Incidents" referenence is related to the customer service delays and responses..vs the uncontrolled fly aways, which in my view, is not related to the gimble installation...once mine is airworthy again, i can further investigate, but i think onnce i do a good calibration, i should be o.k.....fingers crossed...

Ok, so I got my gimbal some time ago, and like pull_up and others I am happy with it.
But I do find it poor that the website is still missing lots of info - and that without the likes of Pull_ups videos it would be a real pita to install, balance etc. Also that after announcing that the settings needed changing for better performance, RP have not posted those new settings, or responded to requests for same...
If I was RP I would spend 30 secs a day posting a situation update, and an eta for information. It would take very little effort but would make a massive difference to the perception of the company.

But at least product is steadily going out the door... :)

Pull_Up said:

Is not just two incidents, if you look beyond this forum there are more people getting upset about the customer service and unresponded emails.
Why is the insistence of people defending this guy like he cant do no wrong! its time that people treat this like a business which if you sell to the public then customer service should be a priority to keep the people you took money from are happy with your product.

gpauk said:
Ok, so I got my gimbal some time ago, and like pull_up and others I am happy with it.
But I do find it poor that the website is still missing lots of info - and that without the likes of Pull_ups videos it would be a real pita to install, balance etc. Also that after announcing that the settings needed changing for better performance, RP have not posted those new settings, or responded to requests for same...
If I was RP I would spend 30 secs a day posting a situation update, and an eta for information. It would take very little effort but would make a massive difference to the perception of the company.

But at least product is steadily going out the door... :)
Is RP a one man operation?....how much would it cost to hire a cust service person to answer the phone and resond to email inquiry's?
I agree .....without pullup's balancing video, i would not have known about neutral balancing...the power pigtail cable is way to short..... other that that i love the product....

It took literally since February to get a response from Keri
Took so long the vision plus a came out and I went that route
I think he has a quality product but customer service is not so good

rfernandez said:
Pull_Up said:

Is not just two incidents, if you look beyond this forum there are more people getting upset about the customer service and unresponded emails.
Why is the insistence of people defending this guy like he cant do no wrong! its time that people treat this like a business which if you sell to the public then customer service should be a priority to keep the people you took money from are happy with your product.

By mentioning "incidents" after the post about a crash I took it you meant crashes, if you didn't mean that I apologise if I drew the wrong inference.

I will defend the product heartily because in my opinion and experience it's excellent - well made, robust and sturdy, great stability and portable to my next airframe. I know and use the product so I am qualified to talk about it in that way.

I make no defence of customer service because a) I personally had the level of service that I would expect (from any supplier of anything); and b) anyone who didn't get same is absolutely right to expect the same and ask why not if they didn't.

Hope that explains my response.

rfernandez said:
Pull_Up said:

LOL.....you know how it works in here man! If you say anything negative as a result of frustration, you are called out for having "motives" by the European RP Defense League.

Guess I spoke too soon with got my thumbscrews for the gimbal a day before I head out for summer homestead. Keri came through for me and with the P2V packed up to now fly it at home there. Next see what I get in the photo department on some northern wildlife I hope to try it out on to share with everyone. So Keri did come through for me. :D

jwuman said:
Les Malins said:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8JdQdCzi94&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8JdQdC ... e=youtu.be
You can see on that video that my new gimbal does something weird when it moves on the vertical axes. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks!

Did u neutrally balance the camera cradle?

Fixed it! The white cable was in the way when the gimbal was moving.

Thanks!

pyrophantom said:
Its OK if you are landing on hard surfaces, but you wouldnt want to land on grass with 4 spikes !

If you want something on the landing gear just use hard foam insulation for insulating water pipes, cut to length and small cable ties, weighs sod all and raises it slightly and still have the full surface area of the skids.

;)
I tried that, but it catches the wind too much and makes it very unstable. It works fine on grass. The legs can be spun around to point up to fit in the case. Also, the full length of the skid is dead un-needed weight because I don't land in mud.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl