Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

Good News.
Facebook Quote:

Happy Easter! Friday April 18th and Monday April 21st are holidays here in Canada for most people (including our postal service), but we're continuing to work through the weekend to get another batch of 50-70 gimbals assembled, tested, and boxed up.

We should be able to ship out up to around order # XXXXXX520 by the beginning of the week, and another batch should go out the door should go out the door on Friday as well, taking us close to order # XXXXXXXX600.

hm, looks like keri has a full timetable...

i asked for order-cancellation /refund last monday. no response or refund yet.

i'll hope rotorpixel find some time soon.....

Geert said:
These are my settings on the thumbscrews :

Frontside : 5 turns
Backside : 5 1/2 turns

There is still a little jello in the video that I want out.
I am waiting for new props, hope that they will help.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9H06ms03w[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/Ex9H06ms03w

Geert.
Geert, I am using 6 turns even on all 4 and it seems pretty solid. As for the props I am still on the 1st set at 50 flights. Just how long does a set last? and should you change them even if they have never touched anything but air?

If you have the chance, just check their balance. If they're still fine, you'll be alright. If they're not, just rebalance them and you're good to go again!

Installed my new rotorpixel gimble today,,,,,,test flew this eve....at about 80 feet agl,,,,phantom flew away into a tree,,,,,landed in my neighbors backyard,,,,in pieces,,,,right reaR motor controler and motor folded OVER,,,,dug into ground....,,,,,gimble camera holder snapped,,,,I disassembled the quad,,,,straightened the shell,,,,teste powered ,,,the damaged motor will not run,,,,,hopefully I can replace the speed/motor controller releatively inexpensive .....i hope,,,,,epoxy fixed the gimble camera holder,,,i was lucky no other damage to the gimble,.,,anyway,,,,,i dont know what happened,,,,calibrated,,,,good gps signal,,,but i have recently reverted to version 2 since version 3 was unstable,,,,hope that didnt cause this,,,,really bummed out,,but glad no others property was damaged and i got the bird back,,,,,may have to order a new shell as well as the motor and controller,,,,,1500 dollars of dead weight hit the ground,,,or grass,,,,,,really really hard,,,,loud thump,,,,,my heart stopped for a minute,,,,what a sick feeling,,,,,,never going to test fly (if i ever fly it again),,,,in the neigborhood....will take to an open areA......FIRST DAY WITH GIMBLE AND I DESTROY IT,,,,,not a happy camper.... :cry:

not good news .....

But on better note ...

Current status:Arrived in New Zealand

Your item has arrived in New Zealand.

Scan history: Status Scanned
1 Left country of origin 10.02 AM on 12/04/14
2 Arrived in New Zealand 09.40 AM on 22/04/14

.... So tomorrow or the next day :)

jwuman said:
Installed my new rotorpixel gimble today,,,,,,<Snip!>quote]

Enough with the horrible grammar and puntualtion.

Did you calibrate and do a compass dance before flying? Did you hover at say 10 feet at the start of the flight and check that your Phantom was responding to all controls as expected? It's hard to tell from your message what preparation you carried out before flying a substantiallly modified P2V, or what you think happened with regards to the tree... :?:

Seahorse said:
jwuman said:
Installed my new rotorpixel gimble today,,,,,,<Snip!>quote]

Enough with the horrible grammar and puntualtion.

Did you calibrate and do a compass dance before flying? Did you hover at say 10 feet at the start of the flight and check that your Phantom was responding to all controls as expected? It's hard to tell from your message what preparation you carried out before flying a substantiallly modified P2V, or what you think happened with regards to the tree... :?:

seahorse: you got grammar right,,,,,,but YOUR spelling needs some attention,,,,,,

That's a typo, not a spelling mistake... ;)

Point being it's hard to help you when you make it so difficult to read. There are valuable lessons to all that can be drawn from your unfortunate loss, if we can figure out what happened/went wrong. :idea:

Seahorse said:
That's a typo, not a spelling mistake... ;)

Point being it's hard to help you when you make it so difficult to read. There are valuable lessons to all that can be drawn from your unfortunate loss, if we can figure out what happened/went wrong. :idea:

It would make it much easier to help if people proof read for typos before sending reply....what about people that have English as a second or third language?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

iResq said:
It would make it much easier to help if people proof read for typos before sending reply....what about people that have English as a second or third language?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Given the state of the OP I fail to see how how my 1 typo compounds the issue... :!:

F6 I feel for your pain about this..... Sadly you are the second person I have read about in so many days to install a brand new gimbal and end up wrecking.... The other one was a 3D taco gimbal and he feels he lost connection with his battery. Makes me wonder if it is possible that a wire got pulled too hard or the added demand electrically with a 2-3 way gimbal doesn't have a part in these crashes.

These are using some amazingly complicated technologies which I am sure is kept in a delicate balance.

JimDE said:
F6 I feel for your pain about this..... Sadly you are the second person I have read about in so many days to install a brand new gimbal and end up wrecking.... The other one was a 3D taco gimbal and he feels he lost connection with his battery. Makes me wonder if it is possible that a wire got pulled too hard or the added demand electrically with a 2-3 way gimbal doesn't have a part in these crashes.

These are using some amazingly complicated technologies which I am sure is kept in a delicate balance.

Thanks JimDE....i calibrated inside my house beforehand....not the way i should have done it...hopefully repair ESC and replace shell, then hopefully back up again....

Good spot, Pull Up mentioned battery warning on low power (I assumed it was bad contacts) in another thread, suggesting the alarm was due to current usage and easing off the sticks recovered it.

Anyone else have a gimbal and noticed the same battery warning on low % power issue?

Question for jwuman, can you recall your battery level at the time of the loss?

RCRookie said:
What role do you believe the Rotorpixel Gimbal played, if any, in your crash ?

Curious,
The Rookie :|

No role ....i think it was a failed calibration....calibrated inside my house prior to flight..should have done it outside....

jwuman said:
RCRookie said:
What role do you believe the Rotorpixel Gimbal played, if any, in your crash ?

Curious,
The Rookie :|

No role ....i think it was a failed calibration....calibrated inside my house prior to flight..should have done it outside....

Yeah. Sorry man. Looks like you ended up learning an expensive lesson. These things happen. I'm sure you'll get it up and running again.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart