Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

tedw123 said:
If anyone preferably in USA to avoid me shipping hassle would like a Black Rotorpixel gimbal and avoid the wait, message me. I received yesterday but have decided to take a different route.

I'd take you up on it but mine should ship by the end of the week so I'll let some from the back of the line have a shot..

JustJames said:
drone4me said:
440 delivered. Shipped Friday and delivered Monday in CA.

No joke you got yours? I'm in CA too #438. I just got back from vacation yesterday. Man I hope they didn't leave it on my doorstep!! Yikes. Now I'm worried.

No joke. I wasn't expecting it that soon either. I just happen to check the status of the shipment online when I got home and saw "Delivered". Went to the mailbox and there it was! Installed last night and did a quick test flight tonight wildly swing the craft. All is well. Very stable. No noise and very quiet operation.

What I don't like... The camera is low and touches the ground. Gotta be careful landing now. The extra weight of gimbal seems pretty substantial.... thus the lower flying times. I wish the wires were routed thru a conduit for a "clean" look.... I'm just being nit picky. lol.

Off topic, I just noticed my SDmicro card ejector doesn't eject out the SD card. Grr. It sticks. Anyone know how to unstick it so it's smooth to eject? It didn't do this before.

GMANNZ said:
BManCan said:
rfernandez said:
Yeh. he will ramp up when all the orders that has not been canceled have been filled sometime around 2020

It must be a case of Rotorpixel envy that brings the Taco trolls into this thread over and over.
I have not seen Rotorpixel customers trolling in the Taco thread, but I suppose that is because they are enjoying their purchase or anxiously awaiting its arrival knowing they purchased a quality gimbal.

+1 ... love it ..... it gotta be the love from them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja5qOR-eyFo

Now that is funny ****!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

drone4me said:
JustJames said:
drone4me said:
440 delivered. Shipped Friday and delivered Monday in CA.

No joke you got yours? I'm in CA too #438. I just got back from vacation yesterday. Man I hope they didn't leave it on my doorstep!! Yikes. Now I'm worried.

No joke. I wasn't expecting it that soon either. I just happen to check the status of the shipment online when I got home and saw "Delivered". Went to the mailbox and there it was! Installed last night and did a quick test flight tonight wildly swing the craft. All is well. Very stable. No noise and very quiet operation.

What I don't like... The camera is low and touches the ground. Gotta be careful landing now. The extra weight of gimbal seems pretty substantial.... thus the lower flying times. I wish the wires were routed thru a conduit for a "clean" look.... I'm just being nit picky. lol.

Off topic, I just noticed my SDmicro card ejector doesn't eject out the SD card. Grr. It sticks. Anyone know how to unstick it so it's smooth to eject? It didn't do this before.

Lucky SOB. You must know a guy who knows a guy. Mine is still in transit. But Im glad in a way. I rather that then it delivered while I was gone. Glad you like yours (mostly). I look forward to getting it but now that I'm back from my vacation (where it would have been awesome to have) I am much more patient.

JJ

Pull_Up said:
Thanks, but I'm not American so I don't need the definition. ;) As I said, if you're coming off as conveying contempt then there's probably an agenda. Or boredom. And by the way, I believe all the cool kids spell it "fanboi". :D

Hey! I'm American! I resemble that remark!

ROTORPIXEL FANBOY said:
Stating facts isn't getting defensive. Let's agree to disagree.

Please tell us more about the "facts". There is clearly "more confusion". :lol:

tumblr_m4t5nyO8wV1qk7fk7.gif

BigSky said:
Just a word about the 7th Channel Hack ..... Don't do it. I did it on mine and had to use a friends computer because you can't do it on a Mac. Now I can't set up my Gimbal because the 7th channel hack screws the DJI app and firmware. Now I have to undo the hack. It is nothing but a pain in the azz and a waster of money. just saying.

BigSky, get parallels for the mac (http://www.parallels.com) and install windows software it works great and you won't have to run to your friends.

If you could clarify, do you mean it does not work. Or you just have to reinstall it? Thanks.

wp6529 said:
BigSky said:
Seems to me this is growing trend, I don't know why the hostilities.. :roll: :roll: :roll:
What's so hostile about someone wanting their money back after 3 months and no product?

It was exactly 8 weeks this Monday from the opening of pre-orders on Feb 10th.[/quote]

Maybe because RotorPixel say that they will refound your money after 24 hours after cancellation, not several weeks??

Regards
Bjorn

Geert said:
Don't worry Simon, you more then earned your stripes on this forum already, every regular visitor knows that.
There always will be some fanboy troll with a large contribution of 7 posts to this forum and who knows better.

Geert.

I'm with you on this one Geert, Simon is definitely a GOOD guy in my book!!!!

Anyone purchasing a new Vision or Vision Plus can benefit from Simon's contributions...I know I did, and still do. And there are other contributors as well. I've never had a problem with the anticipated wait time on receiving my Gimbal from Keri and I examined many posts from this forum that gave me confidence that Keri was on the up and up. My only complaint is the lack of updates and progression of the" ramping up of production" never happened as was indicated early on. Lets face it...giving funds to a virtually unknown developer for an aftermarket product is fraught with risk. But its a risk worth taking if your truly interested in the quality that this Gimbal represents. Geert and others showed faith, and the disclaimers on being patient on the Rotorpixel website showed that Keri knew things "right out of the gate" with manufacturing, assembly, development etc, was not going to be an exact science on a predictable schedule. Hence the wait times. But I trusted Keri was real, just as I trusted the opinions in this forum were also real.
Anyone unhappy now should have seen this coming as a potential delay. Add the Vision Plus to the mix, and the People that can afford to buy a new craft every time a new one is released are expected to cancel. I guess its the difference in appreciation for good engineering of a quality product versus the "Out of the Box, ready to fly crowd" that cant wait on the process, even when its a tad slower than they anticipated.

2 cents
# 463

The Rookie :cool:

Wicked!! I like it. Nice area also.
I did not noticed any jello that needs attention....
Did you have to do any changes to gains to make P2V take off easier with the extra weight?
Thanks

Geert said:
Hi guys,

Today I did some fine tuning for jello free video, it is not yet 100% jello free but I am almost there

:p

What do you think ?

Geert.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkKH8Vq_IA4[/youtube]

I can understand why Rotorpixel did not ramp up production. This would mean more staff but not just any old staff, they would have to be trained. He probably got wind of the V+ and realised new orders would slow dramatically. This is good news for you gimbal owners as once the backlog has been cleared the emphasis will be on adding value using existing customers in the form of the 3rd axis upgrade. Judging by the videos I have seen this is virtually essential and the likelihood is that once people have seen V+ footage then nearly all owners will pay for the upgrade. Even through all the delays and teething problems there is a very loyal customer base of owners which is like gold dust to any company.

Pull_Up said:
Thanks, but I'm not American so I don't need the definition. ;) As I said, if you're coming off as conveying contempt then there's probably an agenda. Or boredom. And by the way, I believe all the cool kids spell it "fanboi". :D

This seems like an insult to all Americans. I for one don't appreciate it. There are plenty of jerks on both sides of the Atlantic.

I'm selling my Phantom 2 Vision with RotorPixel Gimbal, Filter Kit, and the 7th Channel lever kit. I just got the RotorPixel yesterday and have not yet installed it yet. Also has the 2 sets of props that came with it.

The Phantom 2 Vision: Like New - Has only a few battery flights and has never been crashed or abused. It is spot free and no scratches or mars. The controller has the antenna jack upgrade for longer range. It also comes with two 2.4 Ghz Omni Directional antennas. One is 8db gain and also a 11Db Gain. They just screw onto the jack on the Wifi Repeater.
I had the filter kit installed on the Camera, but removed it because I decided not to use filters.

The RotorPixel Gimbal just came yesterday, is new, still in the box. This is the latest updated one with the bugs worked out on, so it should be rock steady. Kari found some bugs in the first gimbals software and they were worked out and corrected before mine was shipped this week.
If interested, make me an offer. I have not listed it on Ebay yet, but plan to soon.

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Geert said:
Let us try to discuss the Rotorpixel gimbal here guys.
Many forum members got their gimbal already.
I like to see some footage from the new Rotorpixel gimbal owners.

http://youtu.be/EkKH8Vq_IA4

Geert.

Geert:

Did you think for a second that this thread would get up over 360 pages when you started it? :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

Geert said:
Hi guys,

Today I did some fine tuning for jello free video, it is not yet 100% jello free but I am almost there

:p

What do you think ?

Geert.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkKH8Vq_IA4[/youtube]

Edit : direct link : http://youtu.be/EkKH8Vq_IA4

I still see a lot of Jello in this video!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart