Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

It is so good to see the Rats and Trolls gone. I hope!
I'm out flyin and come back to pages of just rat kibble.

#446 and waiting....

Pull_Up said:
Our flight's delayed, so imagine my pleasure to see another "Fagerlin-bomb" had gone off overnight. Welcome back, Pete. You should drop me a PM and we could have a chat before you're banned again. Not going to be another mountain bike forum situation again, is it? I thought after your Spanktimonious creation you'd tired of the troll-ban-troll cycle but I guess you just like to watch the flames before someone calls the firefighters. Serious about the PM, though. I have an interest in certain aspects of education and would like to find out about your experiences back then given your circumstances. Still, you got a good few pages out of your latest box of matches so I suspect the hypnotic dance of the flames is reflected in your shining eyes as you stand open-mouthed, staring, oblivious to everything around you until the sirens get close...

clapping_joker_batman_dark_knight.gif

Well said, Pull-up

Scottrod said:
Pull_Up said:
Our flight's delayed, so imagine my pleasure to see another "Fagerlin-bomb" had gone off overnight. Welcome back, Pete. You should drop me a PM and we could have a chat before you're banned again. Not going to be another mountain bike forum situation again, is it? I thought after your Spanktimonious creation you'd tired of the troll-ban-troll cycle but I guess you just like to watch the flames before someone calls the firefighters. Serious about the PM, though. I have an interest in certain aspects of education and would like to find out about your experiences back then given your circumstances. Still, you got a good few pages out of your latest box of matches so I suspect the hypnotic dance of the flames is reflected in your shining eyes as you stand open-mouthed, staring, oblivious to everything around you until the sirens get close...

clapping_joker_batman_dark_knight.gif

Well said, Pull-up

I'm not seeing anything from our troll. Has he been banned already???

-slinger

I can totally understand why RP do not want to ramp up production which would mean an increase in overheads. This is a fast moving business and at the moment their gimbal is the flavour of the month. All that could change in an instant if DJI announces an integrated Vision gimbal which would cause sales to dry up immediately.

pault said:
I can totally understand why RP do not want to ramp up production which would mean an increase in overheads. This is a fast moving business and at the moment their gimbal is the flavour of the month. All that could change in an instant if DJI announces an integrated Vision gimbal which would cause sales to dry up immediately.
Do you think that they have been stalling because of this. Keri knows someone that works with DJI. Inquiry minds want to know?
Hey everyone. Have a great flying weekend! :)

It was the best of threads, it was the worst of threads...

I used a new stock Phantom a few times, then had the opportunity to use a Rotorpixel gimbal for two weeks. Now I'm back to the stock Phantom gimbal. I have experienced the difference, and I very VERY much want a Rotorpixel gimbal!

But I'm fine with waiting a few weeks to get one that has preliminary issues sorted out. The Phantom Vision is a great easy solution to get something in the air with a camera, and I am not looking now for something that requires weeks of tweaking to get good results. I don't want to have to send it back. If I wanted to tinker, I'd go a different route. Waiting a few weeks for a gimbal while I get better at flying is not the hardship some make it out to be. You're waiting for an item you knew was not promised immediately, and for most of us it is really just a luxury item (not a work tool). The technology of this gimbal is proven, as prototypes have been out for many months, but moving from production of a dozen to a thousand is not a trivial change.

Some say a high-quality 2-axis gimbal is pointless because of the quality limitations of the P2V camera. I regularly shoot a Nikon DSLR with some great lenses, so I know the difference between what the stock camera does and what a large sensor camera can do with 2 pounds of pro glass in front of it. But that's not relevant here! What is relevant is the quality that can be obtained with the stock camera and RP gimbal, and you can see examples of that for yourself. I know that with some attention to light angles and filters (and editing) the quality can be quite good, and for the price point it's remarkable. On stills some attention to composition more than makes up for compromises on the image quality. If I want significantly better image quality, I'm going to invest a lot more in camera and other hardware. Why in the world would you complain about the camera in this thread?

As I wait I'm making the "before" videos I can use to show the difference once I get the RP gimbal and can make the "after" videos. Have a great weekend, all!

AllanVB said:
pault said:
Do you think that they have been stalling because of this. Keri knows someone that works with DJI. Inquiry minds want to know?
Hey everyone. Have a great flying weekend! :)
It must be a hard juggling act. If I was them I would want to capitalise as fast as possible on the orders in hand and deliver them as quickly as possible because of the cancellations that will come if DJI announce something better but at the same time not increase overheads. Still, it has been a nice little earner for them.

pyrophantom said:
Well there was a lot of gimbals in the last photo we saw so guess there will be a fair wedge of shipments soon once they have all been re-checked for the last issues, so you wont have long to wait m8. Feel sorry for us in 658 land lol

:lol:

Pyro you make me feel a lot better about having 533 :shock:

RCRookie said:
pyrophantom said:
Think it was only 15 gimbals against a mirror in the background lol

Somehow think there will be a few more shipping soon :D
+1...Lol

Too funny I tried to count them also :)

I've got to put my two cents in regarding all the badgering Keri (RotorPixel) has been taking.

I'm all in favor of people voicing their opinion regarding a company/product, GO FOR IT!! It's good for a business to know if people are satisfied or not, that way they can respond to their dissatisfaction(s).

Now what I don't agree with is the constant badgering. If you post more then once regarding a complaint, in my book that is badgering and if this was my site, the second post would of disappeared. As a matter of fact, and as far as this thread got off topic, I would of locked it.

I've got a forum, not too big, over 20K members and 100K posts, the above mentioned policy is in place and it works. There will always be dissatisfied customers and they have a right to their opinion, but let's not get it out of hand, which this thread certainly has gotten to.

Now having said that, could communications been better, absolutely, but it certainly has improved since the onset of the pre-orders. I believe Keri is a VERY consciousnesses man, and is a perfectionist. Perfectionist have a hard time letting things go when in their eyes their product is not done, or not perfect. I agree with Keri, I'd rather have a product go out without problems then be ridiculed that it's full of imperfections.

Now, my gimbal; most of you know I've received it and one of the components had a bad solder joint. Bad part was replaced within a week and regarding cost to repair of my P2V, Keri will reimburse me. I can't ask for any better customer service then that.

Regarding my P2V/RotorPixel, it's working perfect, and am getting fantastic stable videos. I'm a "VERY Happy Customer!!!!"

Give Keri a break!!!!

MattOlieman said:
I've got to put my two cents in regarding all the badgering Keri (RotorPixel) has been taking.

I'm all in favor of people voicing their opinion regarding a company/product, GO FOR IT!! It's good for a business to know if people are satisfied or not, that way they can respond to their dissatisfaction(s).

Now what I don't agree with is the constant badgering. If you post more then once regarding a complaint, in my book that is badgering and if this was my site, the second post would of disappeared. As a matter of fact, and as far as this thread got off topic, I would of locked it.

I've got a forum, not too big, over 20K members and 100K posts, the above mentioned policy is in place and it works. There will always be dissatisfied customers and they have a right to their opinion, but let's not get it out of hand, which this thread certainly has gotten to.

Now having said that, could communications been better, absolutely, but it certainly has improved since the onset of the pre-orders. I believe Keri is a VERY consciousnesses man, and is a perfectionist. Perfectionist have a hard time letting things go when in their eyes their product is not done, or not perfect. I agree with Keri, I'd rather have a product go out without problems then be ridiculed that it's full of imperfections.

Now, my gimbal; most of you know I've received it and one of the components had a bad solder joint. Bad part was replaced within a week and regarding cost to repair of my P2V, Keri will reimburse me. I can't ask for any better customer service then that.

Regarding my P2V/RotorPixel, it's working perfect, and am getting fantastic stable videos. I'm a "VERY Happy Customer!!!!"

Give Keri a break!!!!

Good Input Matt, by the way do fly with John Travolta there in Ocala :) I moved from FL to HI, I miss florida a lot. He was doing a lot of mercy flight work when I was there.

MattOlieman said:
I'm a "VERY Happy Customer!!!!"

Give Keri a break!!!!

I do agree with your comments, and believe that Keri is trying to provide the best possible product to his customers.

To be fair, your comments would be more relevant if you had not already received your RP gimbal. Many of us were in the first 30 to 40 orders (assuming orders started around #350) and have not received a shipping confirmation yet.

pault said:

I dont think would cease. Unless everyone was going to buy a new vision.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

pault said:

lolol oh man has DJI suddenly entered the customer service regime lol.......you can imagine having the same issues but on a DJI gimbal.....as I previously said, your phantom would be covered in cobwebs waiting for their cutting edge customer service team to respond.

:lol:

XCcoach said:
I can confirm #365 shipped today.

My worst nightmare is coming true. #381 here and am expecting a 3 axis upgrade kit announcement from DJI any day now. Does RP have perfect timing or what?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl