Rotorpixel gimbal for Phantom Vision

wp6529 said:
shaun27 said:
here is a rotorpixel gimbal from a few months ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxODGoGo8O4

For someone detail oriented enough to design and build such a gimbal, and also involved in the professional photo / video world, that video is one of the worst produced I have ever seen :? A few minutes spent turning off auto focus and editing would have done wonders.

I saw nothing wrong with it. I think you're being a little critical.

wp6529 said:
shaun27 said:

For someone detail oriented enough to design and build such a gimbal, and also involved in the professional photo / video world, that video is one of the worst produced I have ever seen :? A few minutes spent turning off auto focus and editing would have done wonders.

This is a how to video. The important thing is that it teaches, not look glitzy. No production needed.

ResevorDG said:
wp6529 said:
shaun27 said:

This is a how to video. The important thing is that it teaches, not look glitzy. No production needed.
I agree, not supposed to be a Hollywood production, just a Youtube how-to video, I wouldn't spend much time in Final Cut working on it either.

spanktimonious said:
ResevorDG said:

If your product is so complicated that it requires a how-to video that is over an hour long then you have a problem.

In this case, it looks like a problem with editing vs. a product problem.

Example:

I'm sure some RC nerdlet out there could have stretched this video to 20+ minutes-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hStYq2vatM

What's this video got to do with the Vision Gimbal ? The vision gimbal is simple to install. The video was for installing on a Phantom I believe. That is more complicated.

spanktimonious said:
Quick!

Duck!

Something just flew over your head!

Look man, you have gone from expressing concern to being rude.
This video is a how to on a product that is no longer offered precisely because it was too complex for most people.

Please be more respectful.

teji said:
By the way, bad way... this story is amazing. ok Keri seems to make good job. Ok, this way to do business is strange. If he accumulate fraud protection request, the Cards compagny will make legal problem to him... (with others business too).. and some very hungry poeple will make some real hard actions to keri ihmself...
Bad way, "just" for gimbals...

let' see technically....
-The controller board seems to be same for all.... or almost... alexmos, or open gpl compatible... we can see good results...
- motor seems to be very common to.
- camera mount seems to be 3D printed.
- to avoid video 3D error, you have to align camera lens and rear moto axis.

Then the only missing part is the rear arm and the camera holder....
Did you see this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380848477751?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1

It's a 3D printed gimbal for 116$ !!!
Why not spend 1 day to make this part to modify this gimbal ?
Then, we can share the part 3D-file and everybody can print (or send-to-print to shapeways) the arm & cam holder.
Another day to find good PID parameters then job is done !
it seems to be so simple, i'm wondering why nobody do it .
Maybye must i begin today ....

No reaction ?
Nobody would like to run a real transparent project, with infos, photos, videos, dates, and open mind, with as goal, a "open" gimbal, with free files to print, or gimbal at good price ?
it can be a good challenge to make it run BEFORE the 30 card day of the actual order ! 11 feb + 30 days = 11 march...
Nobody want to make challenge to make a real gimbal before 11 march ? It run before, we cancel RP order (if not received), and run to own gimbal ?
It's strange, i've got no reaction !! is my message displayed on forum ? i see sometimes 10+ msg about video lenght, but no reaction to mine ! ...

It's a great idea for a project, but I'm guessing that, like me, a lot of people bought the Vision precisely because it was an out-of-the-box turnkey solution with minimal, if any, electronics or engineering experience required to get going. If you are of that ilk and you now want more stability in your Vision footage, as I do, then you're probably also in the market for an out-of-the-box turnkey gimbal solution, too. This may explain why you haven't had a lot of people wanting or being able to chime in.

Don't let that stop you, though!

teji said:
No reaction ?
Nobody would like to run a real transparent project, with infos, photos, videos, dates, and open mind, with as goal, a "open" gimbal, with free files to print, or gimbal at good price ?
it can be a good challenge to make it run BEFORE the 30 card day of the actual order ! 11 feb + 30 days = 11 march...
Nobody want to make challenge to make a real gimbal before 11 march ? It run before, we cancel RP order (if not received), and run to own gimbal ?
It's strange, i've got no reaction !! is my message displayed on forum ? i see sometimes 10+ msg about video lenght, but no reaction to mine ! ...

Do you have access to a 3D printer and the skills to make a 3D model of a base plate for the FC200 for testing purposes? If so, start a new topic on the subject, an see if we can get something going. I am no fan of a date, that puts RotorPixel out of business. If you want to start a project, it should be because you want to make your own gimbal, not because you can't get the RotorPixel gimbal fast enough. Maybe people are a bit put off by the large amount of users just demanding stuff, without any input?

teji said:
No reaction ?

I ordered one of the items you listed and it should be at my home Friday (I am in Norway at the moment and return to the US tomorrow). The first thing I will do is replace the PLA parts with ABS or Nylon. I also ordered one of these to play with (http://www.ebay.com/itm/261365899387?ss ... 1497.l2649). I want to see how well the 3rd axis works.

Part of my reason for doing this is that I have a trip to Oregon followed by another trip to Norway and want to have a gimbal ready to go. Even though I am order # 348, I am not certain I will receive my Rotorpixel gimbal in time. I have confidence in the Rotorpixel guys I just am trying to meet a short-term need.

when I put the youtube link up showing the potorpixel gimbal it was only to show the fact the they did make gimbal. Having said that after reading the comments about the quality of the video makes me think back to when I ask about the test video footage which keri had not wanted to show as he said he wanted to show a well produced video and as repeatedly said since. I can understand him wanting to show the new gimbal in the best possible way with some good video footage which is ironic really given the fact that the how video is not that good and not of someone wanting to showcase the product.

I know I will flack for saying this but its just my opinion.

Ha ha this thread are getting really big, right now when this is written there was 1042 posts!

We must have a name for this syndrome, something like Gimbalitis or....? :D

Pull_Up said:
a lot of people bought the Vision precisely because it was an out-of-the-box solution

Confirming that I am lazy and have enough money to buy the finished product rather than try and cobble together something that doesn't work....[FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

@teji, you've gone off-topic. If you're serious about starting a Group Gimbal Project for the Vision then do it by posting a new topic instead of hijacking the RotorPixel thread. I'm sure there are folks out there that will take an interest and will want to ask you questions. If you contribute & coordinate to the project you could very well get it done.

Good luck,
iDrone

@shawn, same thing... your vid is OT and has little to do with RotorPixel for Vision, but tnx fer tryin'

@Seahorse, gimballite like cellulite... excess unnecessary hanging skin, unattractive, & otherwise just occupying valuable space and hanging onto strong bones, and you know Ronco will have one any day now.

Klaus said:
Ha ha this thread are getting really big, right now when this is written there was 1042 posts!

We must have a name for this syndrome, something like Gimbalitis or....? :D

Gimbalitis indocilis-towaititus ...... seek medical help NOW !! :shock:

teji said:
teji said:
By the way, bad way... this story is amazing. ok Keri seems to make good job. Ok, this way to do business is strange. If he accumulate fraud protection request, the Cards compagny will make legal problem to him... (with others business too).. and some very hungry poeple will make some real hard actions to keri ihmself...
Bad way, "just" for gimbals...

let' see technically....
-The controller board seems to be same for all.... or almost... alexmos, or open gpl compatible... we can see good results...
- motor seems to be very common to.
- camera mount seems to be 3D printed.
- to avoid video 3D error, you have to align camera lens and rear moto axis.

Then the only missing part is the rear arm and the camera holder....
Did you see this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/380848477751?ru ... 26_rdc%3D1

It's a 3D printed gimbal for 116$ !!!
Why not spend 1 day to make this part to modify this gimbal ?
Then, we can share the part 3D-file and everybody can print (or send-to-print to shapeways) the arm & cam holder.
Another day to find good PID parameters then job is done !
it seems to be so simple, i'm wondering why nobody do it .
Maybye must i begin today ....

No reaction ?

Here is my reaction...GO FOR IT! It would be interesting to watch start to finish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72