Rookie pilot here.

Reaction score
Figured I'd introduce myself as I'm currently just lurking. Ordered a Phantom 3 standard this morning. Been into photography to varying degrees my whole life. But always just as a hobby. A couple years ago I picked up my first DSLR. I have since upgraded to a mid level DSLR. And even have an L lens now. So naturally I was curious about drones. I've seen some really cool videos and photographs shot from drones. And have my own ideas for things I want to shoot.

I originally looked into renting a drone for a few days but that was cost prohibitive considering I would have to give it back at some point. Decided on picking up a P3S since it would allow me to get my feet wet without breaking the bank. Plus my christmas bonus exactly covered the cost. So worst case scenario, it's a wash!

Look forward to gettin my new "toy" (what I call all my camera stuff). And getting some nice shots. Well, nicish I guess considering it's not top of the line by any means. But like I say this whole thing is more of an experiment. But from what I understand it's addictive? Coupled with my love of photography, I have no doubts I'll be upgrading to a nicer drone in very short order!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Matt .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Figured I'd introduce myself as I'm currently just lurking. Ordered a Phantom 3 standard this morning.

Hey Matt - welcome to Phantom Pilots - you picked the right spot to start "lurking"!

Everything you ever need to know about your Phantom you will find right here - tons of experience both good and bad when it comes to filming and flying.

One excellent site one of the guys on this forum has (msinger) is DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help if the answers you seek for anything aren't on his site - there are links to everything you need.

I believe the toughest part about flying, filming and grabbing great shots is the photography side of things - learning to fly these is not as difficult IMO so you have a head start on that aspect.

Here's to future safe flying n filming - don't forget to post some of your creative work here. Best of luck - be sure to read up and check out some YouTube vids before flying.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Thanks. If the toughest part is the photography aspect, ill be just fine!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl