Roll function on gimbal not working

Reaction score
Pulled my P3S out of its box today and on startup the gimbal did not roll during its startup. Also did not roll during gimbal Calibration. I tried manually adjusting the roll, but it did nothing. I've always been able to get it to level out after a calibration or two, but it seems as if the roll motor isn't doing anything.
Any ideas.

That sucks,
How old, how many flights?
Still get Telemetry and Live video?

Rod

Has it done this before?
"I've always been able to get it to level out after a calibration or two"
I have only calibrated mine twice ever, I think?

Rod

I got it used about 6 weeks ago. I still get video and other info in flight. It's never had this issue before. I ordered a gimbal ribbon for it in hopes that it's an easy/cheap fix. Really sucks too because I just installed my DBS antennae and was Looking forward to having some nice distant flights.

Hum, thought, even if you turn on the Phantom with out the remote on? Meaning the remote is telling it to point down all they time. Just reaching. :rolleyes:

No errors, even on a gimbal cal?

Can you change the settings on the camera?
Pics and vids work?
If so, tape in the good spot, and fly it anyways. :D

Rod

I've seen mine go into FPV mode by itself a couple of times, but not just quit working. Also, starting the drone up while moving it around can confuse the gimbal. Then you just place it on a flat surface and reboot it. Obstructions to the gimbal when powering on can cause some weird behaviors, too.

Sorry to resurrect old threat, just got a used P3S and this is my exact issue and HOPEFULLY the ribbon will fix my tilt... tried the D ring adjustment w/ needle nose pliers and that seemed to temporarily work. Of note also, it looks like the gimbal motor is very... loosely attached to the camera / camera arm? (sorry prob. bad drone anatomy). Is this normal?? It seems as if it doesn't even clamp on, rather it sort of sticks almost magnetically? Seems gimpy. I have the gimbal saver from Killer RC on the way to hopefully solve this, but I need to get this perma tilt thing taken care of first.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20