Robin Williams

ProfessorStein said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
This is not the correct forum in which to do so...

Again... not your call. Stop trying to impose YOUR will on someone else's board. If you care to go off and start up your own forum, then YOU get to decide the rules. Until then...
Watch out he might report your post as being "off topic"

gunslinger said:
Okay... Due to the name of this topic, it's pretty damned obvious what it's about. If you only wish to discuss multi-rotor issues on this forum, then... I have absolutely no idea why you'd click on this topic.

I don't understand the contention I'm seeing here, I really don't.

-slinger

+1

:cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-13-04-01-06.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-13-04-01-06.png
    604.6 KB · Views: 413
You shouldn't have clicked the thread in the first place, and it takes up one line in the general discussion section of the forum, is it really that much of a deal that you insist on stopping members say their bit about the guy?[/quote]

You shouldn't suggest people are either inhuman or obsessed with their quadcopters, technology etc etc
If people such as RW weren't so obsessed with numbing themselves with alcohol & drugs, perhaps he wouldn't be laying in a freezer right now....

freefall101 said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
I don't eat cornflakes... There are many sources of more suitable social media, Twitter/Facebook etc, where one can post comments or pass on their condolences. This is not the correct forum in which to do so...

Whilst I acknowledge that 'depression' may be a genuine medical condition, unfortunately as with many conditions people use it as a crutch. People such as RW who have access to almost inexhaustible wealth, the best medical facilities/practitioners, are surrounded by minders, press agents, publicists etc and have literally hundreds of people who they can call upon for support, make the choice to end their lives and call it 'depression'. They choose to open a bottle of booze and they choose to do drugs, simple as that.
I'd gladly swap my humble life for one of fame, fortune & 300 million sitting in the bank....

Now this is a Class A example of an ignorant bigot, please stop digging yourself a hole. Are you now saying depression might not even be a medical condition?!?!?[/quote]
You can read can't you? I said that I acknowledge that depression may be a genuine medical condition. I said 'maybe' because i do not personally know of anyone who has or is sufering from depression. I'm not digging myself a hole, I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. If you're looking for someone to blame. look toward the person who started this entire fracas by starting the thread in the first place....

This thread is indeed allowed or it would have been shut down a long time ago.

Those who wish to leave comments or have a legitimate discussion on the subject matter are welcome to do so.

Those who just wish to stir up trouble are welcome to do it somewhere other than this forum. But not here. So knock it off.

phantomi said:

I have posted quads related topics with few or no replies at all, and its nonsense that this simple, non quad related topic, have over 65 replies due to the HATE. :shock:

sidebox said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
CarlJ said:
It's hard to believe, I feel such a profound loss. He'll always be remembered for his work, but there will never be another Robin Williams.
I felt a similar, profound loss when my P2V+ crashed.... It was such a tragedy.

You're being a jerk at this point... Which you clearly get off on. I hope a moderator locks this topic up and that we can get an "off topic" forum going soon.
Hey hang on a minute, I'm not being a jerk & I certainly don't 'get off on it'... We all deal with loss in different ways. To me, the untimely loss of my Phantom, which I aptly named Wilson, was indeed a tragedy. He had become a dear friend, loyal and unassuming. Whenever I sent him out into the vastness of the sky, I knew in my heart that he would return.... Alas, one morning fate took an unexpected twist and he was gone..... We found him later that day, his tiny body broken. Arms torn assunder... His one eye still open, staring lifelessly to the skies from which he fell....

OI Photography said:
This thread is indeed allowed or it would have been shut down a long time ago.

Those who wish to leave comments or have a legitimate discussion on the subject matter are welcome to do so.

Those who just wish to stir up trouble are welcome to do it somewhere other than this forum. But not here. So knock it off.
Well that is contradictory in itself... If someone interprets a comment as 'stirring up trouble' then is that not their problem? Whilst the topic may be allowed, it's placement amongst Phantom related forums could itself be interpreted as an attempt to cause dissension amongst members . Judging by the amount of comments it has received, I would say it was successful...

Phantom_Menace66 said:
phantomi said:
phantomi said:

I have posted quads related topics with few or no replies at all, and its nonsense that this simple, non quad related topic, have over 65 replies due to the HATE. :shock:
It's not HATE man....

Well, I feel that ultimately the reason was that sidebox hate my decision to express my non quad related feeling in his quadcopter forum.

freefall101 said:
ProfessorStein said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
This is not the correct forum in which to do so...

Again... not your call. Stop trying to impose YOUR will on someone else's board. If you care to go off and start up your own forum, then YOU get to decide the rules. Until then...
Watch out he might report your post as being "off topic"
One thing I don't do is report people... Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Right or wrong...

ProfessorStein said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
I can think of many better places to talk about the death of a coke fiend... Yes, this is general discussion in relation to Phantoms... Not the recently departed.

Wow. Just... wow.
Never understood the point of trolling... but whatever floats your boat, man. When you come back to the land of human beings, do let us know, huh?
Trolling? What is trolling anyway? You've got some place to talk suggesting someone isn't human because they have an opinion! Imbecile...

Calling a dead human being, fraught with depression and addiction his whole life, a "coke fiend" isn't an opinion... that's just being an ******* in order to bring attention to yourself... THAT is trolling (since you don't seem to know)

dirkclod said:
O K ! I just want to say on this and it will be the last I even look at this topic as I hate seeing how some folks feel as it tells of their character with me included . I do apologize for my post at the start of this and feel if I had not this would not have gone this far . I personally loved this man and got carried away with my remarks about him ,but I just got defenses for him. Lots of very bad things happening all over the world right now and I know this is just one person and some might have loved him or not but I really don't want folks at each others throats over this. I do apologize sidebox for what I said to you and hope all this will stop now . Again I apologize to all for all this .

No worries. I am sorry for making other people feel like it is apparently okay to be disrespectful. I think the best thing to come of this is may be the possibility of an "off topic" forum. This will allow us all to share feelings and thoughts that are unrelated to multi-rotors. Sorry if I offended anyone, as well. It still sucks that Robin Williams is dead, regardless.

ProfessorStein said:
Calling a dead human being, fraught with depression and addiction his whole life, a "coke fiend" isn't an opinion... that's just being an ******* in order to bring attention to yourself... THAT is trolling (since you don't seem to know)
The man was a self-confessed cocaine addict... Had been since the 1970's. Robin Williams himself was quoted as saying: "Cocaine gave me a place to hide". He estimated he blew a whopping 5 million dollars on cocaine in the 70's/80's... What would you call it, recreational drug user?
Go chase hubcaps or something....

Phantom_Menace66 said:
ProfessorStein said:
The man was a self-confessed cocaine addict... Had been since the 1970's. Robin Williams himself was quoted as saying: "Cocaine gave me a place to hide". He estimated he blew a whopping 5 million dollars on cocaine in the 70's/80's... What would you call it, recreational drug user?
Go chase hubcaps or something....

Who cares? How does that relate to people who will miss him and his work? Are you some sort of a puritan?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4