Phantom 3 Standard not being made anymore

Reaction score
I checked the Phantom 3 Standard on dji.com for new firmware. I got a big surprise. A notification said that the p3s is out of production. Why DJI? It’s not that old. R.I.P. p3s, p2, p2v, p2v+, and p1/fc40.

I checked the Phantom 3 Standard on dji.com for new firmware. I got a big surprise. A notification said that the p3s is out of production. Why DJI? It’s not that old.
The Standard was released in August 2015 which makes it very old in drone terms.
But the Lightbridge P3 pro and P3 Adv released 4 months before the Standard meant it was obsolete even before was released.

The Standard was released in August 2015 which makes it very old in drone terms.
But the Lightbridge P3 pro and P3 Adv released 4 months before the Standard meant it was obsolete even before was released.

Nothing like flying ‘antique’ aircraft. I guess that’s what my P3S’s are now. But, that’s ok with me.

They are dependable, do what they’re supposed to do, and haven’t flown away or crashed for some unknown reason.

Yep. I’m happy with these ‘old birds’ ......or ‘vintage aircraft’. [emoji6]

When I bought my P3S, it was $500CDN. The Advanced was over $300 more and the Pro was more than double the cost at over $1000. I have always tried to buy only the technology I need. Do I need to fly up to 5km away - No! It’s against the law, so why would I need to spend the extra bucks for tech I don’t need or use?

Even if it was obsolete when I bought it in late 2016, the point is I didn’t need the newer tech anyway.

My P3S is still going strong. I use it at least once a week and I still marvel at what it can do especially with 3rd party software.

Chris

Hello Chrislaf

You are certainly right, but a slightly better and safer connection RC / Kopter just in Europe where only the CE operation is allowed makes any P3S or P3SE a dangerous drone, as permanent disconnections threaten. If the video signal breaks off, this may still be possible, but if the drone can no longer be controlled ... You turn out of the sun to read the display better and the connection is already gone, sometimes under one hundred meters. This is the real problem, at least in EUROPE! And all because a weather radar works here on 5Ghz? With which transmission power ??? What makes the drone at CE and FCC? Really bothers them!

Translated from German to German using Google translator.

Phantom 4 is out of production. Is there going to be a Phantom 5 or is this the end of the Phantom line?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hope parts will still be produced or the aftermarket steps up if DJI stops production of replacement/wear items. I guess if people have spare cash burning a hole in their pockets, you could just do a few E-bay or Amazon deals and stock up. Haven't crashed mine yet(knock on wood here), ........buuuutttt!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.