RIP P3A

Reaction score
Man. had my system 4 days total (3 before repair for stress cracks and now today) Was flying low through the neighborhood in the middle of the street, all of a sudden I get "overload" for gimbal and then motors. I was flying with the camera dead forward so I know there was nothing in front of me, but must have been a rogue branch or something IDK. I throttled up some to lift it up but it was too late. Lost connection to the A/C. When I got there. OH the carnage. This thing is Destroyed. Like pointless to even bother repairing. New legs, new gimbal, new antennas, ugh. 850 down the drain. So mad at myself.

Attachments

• IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 736
Please get an estimate for repairs from a non DJI shop, it may not be that expensive as you think. It may be worth investigating.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well the legs and antennas are cheap but that gimbal/camera UGH 250 ish just annoys me about it. downloading the logs but from the video it appears a very low hanging tree branch clipped it and made it lose control. What annoys me to death is I HAD a carbon fiber gimbal guard on there to protect it. well that snapped off and let the gimbal get wrecked. Its still my own fault but I won't spend the money on another guard ever again. complete waste of money. Had it protected it, it would likely still be in tact/

darn taht sucks man, i think you can fix it without too much work though. Did it break any of the functional aspects of the gimbal? may just be the ribbon to replace and put back together. the antennas and legs are cheap enough, i bet you can fix that camera. That said, Ted4797 is selling a p3a cam for $190.00 plus shipping .. plus he repairs them. sometimes he will take a broken and give ya credit, and send a working one back at a less expensive cost. I guarantee its cheaper than DJI!

P3 Advanced camera 2.7

Reactions: Droneted
hahah yup he messaged me. I press fit the Roll fitting together seems to be very fluid still so I am gonna get a ribbon cable expressed here and try my luck worse case scenario I get a new camera. Luckily my ND filter was on there so it shattered that and the main camera and lens are in tact. I might not be so bad. But I was very distraught when I posted this hahaha

hahah yup he messaged me. I press fit the Roll fitting together seems to be very fluid still so I am gonna get a ribbon cable expressed here and try my luck worse case scenario I get a new camera. Luckily my ND filter was on there so it shattered that and the main camera and lens are in tact. I might not be so bad. But I was very distraught when I posted this hahaha
crashing aint easy man .. this was me earlier this year. good luck, its repairable .. trust me! :)

AG8qWb4.jpg

Yikes!! Yeah I am really upset that the whole camera unit didn't come off or whatever. Thought it was supposed to break away or something.
Just noticed a part was broken where the ribbon cable comes into the base too. A little bond might fix that haha

Any idea as to why you received the "gimbal overload" prompt? The only time I've ever seen this was when I forgot to take the gimbal guard off before powering on my bird.

Any idea as to why you received the "gimbal overload" prompt? The only time I've ever seen this was when I forgot to take the gimbal guard off before powering on my bird.

I think the branch must have gotten it. I am Slowly downloading the logs (ugh) and il find out more.

The video is very boring nothing special. but ill post in a sec

Well actually..... I just watched it again. apparently that tree limb just knocked it a second. and it was fine. now looking from where it was, it must have died when I took it up to get out of the neighborhood into the air. I grabbed a pine tree branch at about 29 feet DANG IT I should have just let it stay there. lol oh well. I have never crashed my drones before so theres always a first hahaha

Reactions: Reed L
Well actually..... I just watched it again. apparently that tree limb just knocked it a second. and it was fine. now looking from where it was, it must have died when I took it up to get out of the neighborhood into the air. I grabbed a pine tree branch at about 29 feet DANG IT I should have just let it stay there. lol oh well. I have never crashed my drones before so theres always a first hahaha

Upload the TXT file here and I will analyze it for you and see what errors came about with in the flight log data.

Btw, so sorry for the loss. Ya got to know those gimbal guards are not good when the legs fold in half upon contact.

Congratulations on admitting it was a tree branch. A lot of guys would of posted about how it "fell out of the sky". Cheers

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Upload the TXT file here and I will analyze it for you and see what errors came about with in the flight log data.

Btw, so sorry for the loss. Ya got to know those gimbal guards are not good when the legs fold in half upon contact.

Strangest thing is, in the actual logs there is no mention of the gimbal but on the screen playback you get the overlays.

AND thank god for StateFarm coverage for my drone. Making a claim for a new camera haha. So glad I did that the day I got it!!!

Really sorry mate, but it does look repairable. I'd be very wary about trying flying down the middle of a road, certainly without a really good reccy first, so a brave move there....

yeah its my neighborhood and I run it every day so I was very familiar with it. so crazy man

Imagine if that branch was a child. It's very unlikely but just be careful if you're going to break the rules.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.