RIP P3A

Imagine if that branch was a child. It's very unlikely but just be careful if you're going to break the rules.

Not sure what you are getting at about "break the rules" this was a closed neighborhood that runs out to dead ends. There was no vehicle nor human traffic. SO no rules were broken. It was flying at 9.5 feet and not invading privacy of homeowners.

Not sure what you are getting at about "break the rules" this was a closed neighborhood that runs out to dead ends. There was no vehicle nor human traffic. SO no rules were broken. It was flying at 9.5 feet and not invading privacy of homeowners.
I'm only going by the rules here in the UK & common sense. Not sure where you live and not sure what a closed neighbourhood is either but surely if there are houses that aren't under your control then someone could quite easily walk out their door into your phantom?

USA here and well within rules as well las common sense. as you can see from the video capture its a very wide street and plenty of room.

Attachments

• Screen Capture 2016-11-17 at 3.19.58 PM.PNG
    Screen Capture 2016-11-17 at 3.19.58 PM.PNG
    3.6 MB · Views: 427
USA here and well within rules as well las common sense. as you can see from the video capture its a very wide street and plenty of room.
Flying a phantom low, through a residential area? I have seen so much worse that this but still.

Sorry about the crash. It really sucks. Hundreds of $ to repair. Gosh.What a pain.
You mentioned State Farm insurance. I'm not with State Farm. Do you mind asking how much it costs? I'm glad to know that insurance exists for drones!

I'm sorry for your loss, it can happen to any of us at any moment.

That is the reason I purchased neary-aerial for each member in my fleet, totally worth the money and peace of mind. Knock on wood.

Last edited:
Sorry about the crash. It really sucks. Hundreds of $ to repair. Gosh.What a pain.
You mentioned State Farm insurance. I'm not with State Farm. Do you mind asking how much it costs? I'm glad to know that insurance exists for drones!

With having all my other policies with them its 60 a year in NC> However, my agent told me that by making this claim, they will likely cancel me at renewal haha. Gives me a year still though haha.

That is the reason I purchased neary-aerial for each member in my fleet, totally worth the money and peace of mind. Knock on wood.

NICE!!! I mean I have an advanced, for 239.00 for 2 years and they cover up to 2X the retail value of the drone for repairs. You can't beat that!! State farm just approved my claim, they considered it a total loss so they are paying out the full value I think. So I am going to get the gimbal and get it covered through them too. Thanks for the heads up. I saw DJI has their car plan, but they only cover up to the retail value (1X) and 300 bucks for that is pointless.

Man those people are a joke. I have called them every business day just trying to get info on their coverage and just general info. Each time they tell me they have to send a message to a technician to call me. 4 days now and I can't get anyone to call me to try and SPEND money with them. I can't imagine they would be helpful in a crash or repair situation. If I can't get someone to call me to spend money with them how can I expect them to spend money repairing my drone. Looks like smoke and mirrors to me lots of promise and hype but no go.

Apparently they called me really late 835pm last night but didn't leave a message. I called that caller ID back, the guy is really nice but man those phone people. UGH.

Reactions: Dinodragon1
Suggest you look on ebay for parts; legs are cheap enough - prob looking at 50 bucks if you fix yourself - 500 if dji repairs it

Sorry for your lost. Will there be a celebration of flight, for the P3's family? The P2, P3, and P4. LOL

Reactions: tjenvy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik