Right left sensor unavailable phantom 4

Reaction score
Hello new to drone have purchased a phantom 4 pro set up as per tutorial but have a warning message right left sensor unavailable is this drone faulty or is there an easy fix
Thanks in advance
Steve

I have the same problem. I don’t have a fix but will reply if I find one

Not 100 percent positive because I have a P4 but I believe the pro side sensors only work in two modes. Beginner mode and tripod mode. Someone with a P4 Pro will confirm this soon I’m sure.

Hello new to drone have purchased a phantom 4 pro set up as per tutorial but have a warning message right left sensor unavailable is this drone faulty or is there an easy fix
Thanks in advance
Steve
Same as Archangel3356, I am not 100% sure but I read many times that the side obstacle avoidance sensors are disabled if you turn Beginner Mode off. The User Manual says that the 3d infrared sensing system is only active in Beginner Mode or Tripod Mode. I don't know if this means that the side obstacle avoidance sensors are turned off, but I also saw that the list of conditions where obstacle avoidance may not work is as long as your arm. I'd rather not depend on them.

The app has never given a warning about the sensors before this weekend.

Yep same here but it only happened yesterday after doing an update, they were working before that and I changed nothing in the settings

I am now having the same problem, just noticed within the last two days. I have the Phantom 4 Pro. Took it out in the snow yesterday and noticed this message on my screen but I figured it was just interference from the snowflakes. I turned it on in my room this morning to look at some settings and the message is still there. I’m pretty sure the last time I updated it was a few weeks ago and I’m also pretty sure that I’ve used it since then without this message before now, so I don’t think it’s a result of an update? Whatever it is, I hope it can be fixed soon, it’s very disconcerting.

Update: I think I found a fix? It has worked several times for me at least in testing. Press on the controller button (the one on the left beneath the return-to-home button) - at the bottom where it says Beginner Mode, flip the toggle to enable it (green) then press the X to close the menu. Then press the controller button to open the menu again and flip the toggle again to disable Beginner Mode. Then press X to close the menu again. For me this seems to fix the problem...and now my left and right sensors are working! Not sure if this is a real fix or anything, hopefully someone else experiencing the same problem can try it out and confirm? Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: kiriansd
THis also happens but the error was gone when i switched flight modes not just for tripod i think its a software thing because it occured when i updated my P4P firmware

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl