Ribbon Cable

Reaction score
Anyone know if DJI sell a replacement ribbon cable for the H3-2D Gimbal ?

Anyone know if DJI sell a replacement ribbon cable for the H3-2D Gimbal ?

Do you mean the two ribbons that controls the gimbals motors or the ribbon for the camera?

Last edited:
Do you mean the two ribbons that controls the gimbals motors or the ribbon for the camera?
Yes the main one for the camera, from what I can tell the main one comes out of the back controller, and feeds in to the camera housing and both motors, so it looks like anyway, but either way the one that comes from the back of the unit.

Yes the main one for the camera, from what I can tell the main one comes out of the back controller, and feeds in to the camera housing and both motors, so it looks like anyway, but either way the one that comes from the back of the unit.

if you mean the 8 pin cable that comes out of the P2 to the back of the gimbal. Then yes it is available from B&H in NY.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1054667-REG/dji_cp_pt_000095_phantom_2_cable_pack_part.html

If not send a photo of what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Ok anyone else know where I can obtain the main ribbon cable. Jason does not understand what I am on about.

Or an aftermarket solution if DJI do not supply this as a replacement part.

Are you familiar with the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal designed for the go-pro 3 ?

I am getting the feeling that the people who are replying don't have one otherwise you would know what I am talking about.

The ribbon cable is part of the gimbal its self, its not a video cable, its not an add on cable like the 8 pin cable - this is an integral part of the gimbal. DJI don't list this as a spare part - I am hoping some one has one for sale (stripping down a broken gimbal) for instance - or knows of an aftermarket solution.

So if you don't understand what I mean - or never heard of this please don't reply.

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal designed for the go-pro 3 ?

I am getting the feeling that the people who are replying don't have one otherwise you would know what I am talking about.

The ribbon cable is part of the gimbal its self, its not a video cable, its not an add on cable like the 8 pin cable - this is an integral part of the gimbal. DJI don't list this as a spare part - I am hoping some one has one for sale (stripping down a broken gimbal) for instance - or knows of an aftermarket solution.

So if you don't understand what I mean - or never heard of this please don't reply.

When you take your head from where the sun don't shine maybe you will understand that I gave you info for the 8 pin cable. You have no one to blame but yourself when you supply so little info. You cannot buy that 8 pin cable buy itself it only as a package with two other cables. And if you do not live in the US then find your own supplier

I have the same gimbal if you bothered look at what equipment I use is posted at the bottom of this message.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1054667-REG/dji_cp_pt_000095_phantom_2_cable_pack_part.html

Jason, why on earth would you think I was taking about an 8 pin cable ? I have fully explained what I need, & you still don't understand.

Of course I can buy the 8 pin cable - if thats what I needed, and indeed its called an (wait for it) the 8 pin cable. The said 8 pin cable IS NOT PART OF THE GIMBAL but simply connects the gimbal to the upgraded mainboard of the phantom 1 if you have fitted it or the other parts of the kit .

Have you ever heard of the expression - "got all the gear but has no idea"

You clearly you have not taken the gimbal apart - take a look at this :-
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Now do you understand ?, you know I should not have to go in to this type of detail.

Last edited:
I found a whole gimbal for parts online yesterday but since you feel you shouldn't have to go into this type of detail neither do I. Do your own reseach!!

I've not seen that ribbon sold anywhere. (Except once on Ebay from someone who disassembled their gimbal.)

However, it doesn't have that many conductors, and therefore is something that can be fixed by soldering tiny wires to it (for someone with sufficiently advanced soldering skills).

Btw, the "ribbon cable" should really be called a "black flex cable" to distinguish it from the "grey ribbon cable".

I found a whole gimbal for parts online yesterday but since you feel you shouldn't have to go into this type of detail neither do I. Do your own reseach!!

Already seen it, already decided its too risky. Most of the broken gimbals have damaged cables. What I want is a brand new one, either OEM or aftermarket. DJI is of no help, I think this gimbal is discontinued.

Btw, the "ribbon cable" should really be called a "black flex cable" to distinguish it from the "grey ribbon cable".

Yes looking back your probably right, but I did give a description early on of what it did. It seems to be the main reason for this gimbal failure, You would have thought someone somewhere would be making them.

I've not seen that ribbon sold anywhere. (Except once on Ebay from someone who disassembled their gimbal.)

However, it doesn't have that many conductors, and therefore is something that can be fixed by soldering tiny wires to it (for someone with sufficiently advanced soldering skills).

The cable is too small and flimsy to be reliably repaired, my problem is that it is corroded at the socket end, making bridging almost impossible.

The cable is too small and flimsy to be reliably repaired, my problem is that it is corroded at the socket end, making bridging almost impossible.
At each socket, there are only 4 necessary connections: ground, power, CAN-H, CAN-L. The other 2 wires are to send the camera video back to the main board.

If the conductors corroded off, fixing with conductive ink might be possible.

Hi,

I thought about that but they are corroded right on the pug end, and in more than one place. I have since ordered a cheap Chinese gimbal now, but might still have a go.

Its incredible that you can't buy spares lol.

I know exactly what part you're talking about, and it seems like everywhere I go people are pointing me to totally different parts. Mine actually caught fire at the connection point nearest the mounting plate. I can not find one anywhere...I've been looking all over the place. No word at all from DJI who seem to be completely ignoring the many people with this same issue. The sad part is it would likely be a 10 dollar fix...I'd even pay 30 or 40 dollars for a new cable...I'm likely just going to need a new gimbal, but every gimbal i've found has VERY mixed reviews ranging from not working at all, to a little finicky, to being perfect. If ANYONE has found a solution to this or knows where to get a working replacement please let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers