RF cables for external antenna

Nir

Reaction score
Hi,
After a few months of reading this forum, mostly about the range extenders, I focused on the DBS, Argtek and Alfa.
The DBS a bit too expensive and I prefer to buy both Alfa and Argtek and test them.

The mount for the antennas can be the Argtek's one or 3 20cm RF cables. As it looks, the Argtek cables must be longer than 20 cm.
Does anyone know if and how much the cable length influence on the antenna performance?
Are there differences between RF cables quality?
Thanks

Hi,
After a few months of reading this forum, mostly about the range extenders, I focused on the DBS, Argtek and Alfa.
The DBS a bit too expensive and I prefer to buy both Alfa and Argtek and test them.

The mount for the antennas can be the Argtek's one or 3 20cm RF cables. As it looks, the Argtek cables must be longer than 20 cm.
Does anyone know if and how much the cable length influence on the antenna performance?
Are there differences between RF cables quality?
Thanks
I have the Itelite DBS and it shipped with cables. The Argtek is similar but I'm not familiar with the Alfa. Nevertheless, I can't imagine much difference in cable length would matter. Most signal loss occurs around the connectors.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl