Returning Home

Reaction score
Hi all I just want to ask has anyone ever came across a problem when you lose signal and it automatically returns home but instead of coming down it decides to go up? It has happened twice to me now.

Are you referring to the specified RTH height?
No I have return home set to 30m but what happened is I lost signal and the drone decided to go 500m instead of 30 for some reason then about about 2 minutes it then comes down to automatically land itself. It doesn't go out it just goes straight up, very confusing, and it will not let me cancel the return home to stop it going up

I've never heard of this. The only reason it should go straight up to max altitude is the left stick is held up. Make certain your default RTH altitude is actually 30m and not 500m and try recalibrating the RC.

Reactions: Capt KO
No I have return home set to 30m but what happened is I lost signal and the drone decided to go 500m instead of 30 for some reason then about about 2 minutes it then comes down to automatically land itself. It doesn't go out it just goes straight up, very confusing, and it will not let me cancel the return home to stop it going up
There are a couple of possible explanations that I can think of.
Your recorded flight data will confirm the reason for it.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

My drone has been doing the same thing? It returned home and went 650 feet high.
I don’t get it.

Meta which file from the output of phantomhelp are you looking in for the RTH height please?
If csv-verbose what column number is it please? I can see a few columns there that seem to be about the rth but can't find one that seems to give the actual height.
Column 65 (BM) for me in the output of Datcon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meta which file from the output of phantomhelp are you looking in for the RTH height please?
If csv-verbose what column number is it please? I can see a few columns there that seem to be about the rth but can't find one that seems to give the actual height.
It's usually right there on the main page of the Phantomhelp log viewer when the home point is recorded (except for the Mavic Mini).
But if you want to look in the Verbose CSV file, go to GW where you'll find HOME.goHomeHeight [m]

"it's usually right there on the main page of the Phantomhelp log viewer when the home point is recorded " ooops, but by way of explanation I don't normally look there lol.
With regards to column GW, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Was it really 500m or maybe 500feet. It is unbelievable that it went to 500m. Almost through the clouds if there were any.

Was it really 500m or maybe 500feet. It is unbelievable that it went to 500m. Almost through the clouds if there were any.
Ya sounds really odd. Would take some time to climb that high (I'm guessing, I've never done it). And odd that he couldn't take control manually. It's a mystery to me!

the drone decided to go 500m instead of 30 for some reason
wow i wonder what kind of wind there was at "500m"
hope he's not one of those one post and then ghosts us cause i'd like 2 see the log.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic