Return to home question

Reaction score
ok i think i might have put a post on this but not sure i got an answer.. today iwas messing about with the drone and deliberately turned off my phone so i still had control of the drone and cold fly it backwards forwards etc.. any it was only about 60 yards away from me and about 50ft high.. i wanted to see if the rth function i had been told about would work, so i toggled the left switch of the remote up and down a couple of times and it started beeping and after a short while the drone was going down to land so it didnt return to home, so tried it a few more times this time worked the switch up and down 3 times witht the same result, which is now freaking me out because if it was far away i would want to land from where it was i would want it to return to where i am... Any ideas about this please.... phantom 3 standard... and in the dji go app i have it set to rth altidute 60m etc.. i know i had mu phone off for this exercise but surely there must be hard code written in the drone or remote about a situation like this?.

ok i think i might have put a post on this but not sure i got an answer.. today iwas messing about with the drone and deliberately turned off my phone so i still had control of the drone and cold fly it backwards forwards etc.. any it was only about 60 yards away from me and about 50ft high.. i wanted to see if the rth function i had been told about would work, so i toggled the left switch of the remote up and down a couple of times and it started beeping and after a short while the drone was going down to land so it didnt return to home, so tried it a few more times this time worked the switch up and down 3 times witht the same result, which is now freaking me out because if it was far away i would want to land from where it was i would want it to return to where i am... Any ideas about this please.... phantom 3 standard... and in the dji go app i have it set to rth altidute 60m etc.. i know i had mu phone off for this exercise but surely there must be hard code written in the drone or remote about a situation like this?.
Can check here to see what setting on,,,you think it would save to drone once set here,,that's what I presumed but can't say I have tryed,,i thought it should return to homepoint
Screenshot_20190403-091505.jpg

Might have to turn on SRH (smart return home) then might work without app,,,get it set up and try without device again....you know I have never tryed a rth manually,,app does it now and again but I can cancel it,,next flight I try this myself out of curiosity
Screenshot_20190403-092559.jpg

what is this battery return to home setting???
That's where you have your first batt warning and then critical batt warning,,example,,mine set 30% first warning & second critical warning at 10%,,,sometimes if smart return home is on . The batt can predict flight power if it can make it home again or not and could go into auto landing by itself which I had happen once,glad there was no water below

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Just had look and if smart return home is off it won't go to home point
Screenshot_20190403-094041.jpg

i know i had mu phone off for this exercise but surely there must be hard code written in the drone or remote about a situation like this?.
The RTH altitude is stored on the aircraft. However, Smart RTH is a completely different animal. Smart RTH only applies to the battery condition. Manual and Signal loss RTH, is different but will do the same thing.

Almost certain the OP was wrong about the distance.
I agree, assuming the landing. Was going by the OP's visual observation statement. 60 yards is plenty for RTH. 60 ft it will land. There is a huge difference between the two.

I agree, assuming the landing. Was going by the OP's visual observation statement. 60 yards is plenty for RTH. 60 ft it will land. There is a huge difference between the two.
Flight log would have been a great help (obviously not an option given phone/tablet not connected). Even replaying the flight in the GO App would show at what determined distance from home the autoland was initiated.

@Scoobychief try this again with the GO app running and pay attention to the depicted distance from your home point. Try it in close and further out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik