Return to Home in Restricted Airspace

Reaction score
I came to find out that when flying in restricted airspace with DJI Custom Unlock, RTH doesn't work. It activates but the P4P just hovers. The area has fantastic LOS, but I don't want to take a chance the drone is a couple thousand feet away and loses communication with the TX, and hovers until it lands.

Another guy flying a Mavic there with DJI Unlock had no issues with RTH. His screen showed a solid green bar at the top, whereas mine had orange in the upper left with warning about the airspace. Anybody know why mine would do that and the Mavic with the same Go 4 App didn't?

This is a model airfield in Class D Airspace controlled to the Surface, but has a permanent FAA Waiver to allow flights up to 250'.

I think I figured out the issue. When I applied for the Unlock I mistakenly thought max altitude was 150' so that's what was requested. RTH is set at 50 meters, obviously more than 150'. I'll test that theory out next flight. But still doesn't explain why the Mavic guy had a totally green bar.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers