...return new p4p or not? (...micro crack)

Reaction score
Website
www.zanderlanephotography.com
IMG_5933.JPG
...so not sure if I should be bummed or not: I just examined my new p4p up close and personal and found a very fine micro-crack under the rear left arm - or maybe it could be an arm that didn't quite get finished/polished all the way after a molding process? - just wondering what you all think, would you return it or just keep an eye on it? - thanks for any input!

The picture is a little out of focus. It doesn't look like a crack. I would keep it if it flies fine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would return it for 2 reasons: 1) over time that micro crack will compromise the integrity and could spread. You paid $1,500 for a product, their should be no defects. 2) DJI is announcing a new drone next week. Better to see what kind of drone this will be first in case you decide you rather have that one.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I would return it for 2 reasons: 1) over time that micro crack will compromise the integrity and could spread. You paid $1,500 for a product, their should be no defects. 2) DJI is announcing a new drone next week. Better to see what kind of drone this will be first in case you decide you rather have that one.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
were did you see thay dji is announcing a new drone next week

this is what I am starting to hate about Dji they haven't even fixed all the issues they have with p4p and already launching something new that's BS

This is part of the mold. Totally normal. If you put a flashlight up to the arm you'll see the mold line. My P4 it was visible with the naked eye. With my P4P it only show up with a flashlight.

I just looked mine over with a magnifying glass, 3 of the 4 arms have the exact same thing but they are not cracks, they are mold marks that seem to be slightly different on all the arms, and one has none at all, its like it was polished smooth. This is a brand new bird with 10 flights and has never been landed, always hand caught, so it has never touched the ground except for liftoff.

...thanks everyone - I'm leaning towards the "it's a manufacturing irregularity...nothing to see here...move along" diagnosis, but will be checking every few flights for any growth! - now to fly it saturday and see if it has any of the other host of issues I've been seeing crop up in the forums...always a nail biter with new DJI products, ha!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nwbailey