Restricted flight zone discrepancies

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of an update that may have occurred in the last two days to the restricted flight zone boundaries in the GS for iPad app? The reason I ask is that on Saturday I flew a GS mission from my home toward the airport (airport is 7.5km away) and it flew just fine. The next day I went to repeat the exact same flight and the app is telling me I'm in a no-fly zone. This change has happened literally overnight and in that time I have not updated any firmware on the Phantom. All I can think is that the app has updated overnight and has extended the no-fly zone of Christchurch Intl Airport in New Zealand. Originally this airport was a Cat.1 which meant it had the 8km no-fly zone. It was then downgraded (I believe) to a Cat.2 which allowed me to fly GS missions as I'm located 7.5kms from the airport. Now, seemingly overnight it has somehow gone back to a full 8km radius no fly zone. Has anyone got an explanation or has had a similar situation over the last couple of days?

It is for this very same reason that I turned off auto updates on my iPad prior to the GS update last April. I'm a member of a long established model flying club where members fly craft from small foamies to 1/4 scale warbirds and 33% Yakks and Edge acro planes. According to DJI our airfield is in a no-fly-zone where as my 3DR APM 2.5 hardware treats me as a grown up and merely advises me that there is a functioning airfield 7km to the South.

Regards

Nidge

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1