Restricted Area

M

Melvoid

I recently had my P3A repaired (camera issues). They upgraded the camera and turned it into a P3P. Works well, but one thing that happened was that my old iPad, with old 2016 software, doesn't work too well. Long refresh time, lots of "noise" in the image, etc. Luckily I have a newer tablet, so I loaded the DJI app, and it works fine.

So, the other day, I was intending to fly over an old abandoned house. According to Google Maps, I was 6.27 miles from an airport. I got a message about restricted airspace, and I was unable to do anything. No camera, no video, couldn't even take off.

I was (slightly) over 6 miles from the small airport, with no intentions of going more than treetop height.

I guess the question is: Is this normal behavior in a restricted or no-fly zone? A dead 'copter? If I manage to get permission, can I override this?

You can request an Unlock from DJI. Depending on the type of Restricted Airspace determines which unlock you need:

Self Unlock

or

Custom Unlock

Reactions: Ansia
You can request an Unlock from DJI. Depending on the type of Restricted Airspace determines which unlock you need:

Self Unlock

or

Custom Unlock
Thank you!!

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic