Reaction score
Dear Experts

So my p4p+... hit a tree....gimbal damage aside I would like opinion on the shell repairs

How critical is a perfect base shell? The top part of the shell is damaged (see pics) quite badly and I want to replace just this part as I believe replacing the bottom is a lot of additional work and, rather than being lazy, I don't want to risk doing that if I dont have to

As you can see from the images the bottom part is 'mostly' of however slightly dented on two arms. I read a post where use of a heat gun is described for minor corrections so was planning to do this alognside replacing the top completely, what do you think?!

Thanks in advance

Ian
DSC_0039.JPG DSC_0040.JPG

I would do both..not less work doing top because thats where module is and motors, wires and gps.

thanks, i will try and make a video of the operation, without cut and splice.....

would anyone like to advise on test flying with a cracked shell? i want to check its all working before replacing the shell part...

Thanks

Just fly it in a hover about 10 feet . If you don't get any errors a re shell should be ok. Un solder from the esc boards. Move it all to the new shell and re solder

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj