Replacement props?

Reaction score
Hi all! I bought my P3 4k used and it came with some extra props(3) which makes me think that they might be an aftermarket replacement set? At any rate, being a complete rookie I had a couple rough landings and scuffed a couple props on the bird. I want to buy a complete set to replace the ones on there currently then keep all of the rest as spares. Looking on Amazon I see a ton of stuff listed....so my questions are: 1)are the P2,P3 and P4 props all the same...I see part# 9450 often 2)Should my props have stripes on them...the bird has gold stripes 3) How long are the stock props....mine measure 9.5" but I see some listed as 9" and some even at 6"?? 4) any advantage to the carbon fiber....I know they're stronger than plastic but any other advantage to justify the extra $12 or so? Appreciate any help from you guys!!

You should look for the oem props.
Anything other than that may provide some issues that you don’t need.
Some like to think that the world revolves around the masterairscrew stuff,
but a bit of research will tell a different tale. Carbon fiber I wouldn’t touch with someone else’s pole.
Your choice, but remember the cost of the ac is riding on what you choose.

You should look for the oem props.
Anything other than that may provide some issues that you don’t need.
Some like to think that the world revolves around the masterairscrew stuff,
but a bit of research will tell a different tale. Carbon fiber I wouldn’t touch with someone else’s pole.
Your choice, but remember the cost of the ac is riding on what you choose.

Thanks for the reply! here's my confusion. These are listed as DJI props but are only 9"...mine are 9.5"
Amazon.com: DJI Original 9'' CW+CCW Props 9450 Self-tightening Propeller 4 Pcs for Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced / Standard Quadcopter: Gateway

These are have the gold stripes like my drone(and listed as DJI) and have great reviews yet are listed as 6" long??

Amazon.com: 2 Pairs Genuine DJI 9450 Self-tightening Propellers for Phantom 3 Pro, Adv (Gold Stripes): Gateway

Thoughts??

The ads that you see and the inaccuracies of what’s listed is not uncommon. You just need to be as careful as you can and sort through the crud. If the prop is listed as a 9450, it should show up as a 9 inch prop with a 450 pitch. The other aspect to watch for is the “brand”. Just make sure that what you buy is listed as a “DJI” brand. If it shows up without that marking, return it.

The ads that you see and the inaccuracies of what’s listed is not uncommon. You just need to be as careful as you can and sort through the crud. If the prop is listed as a 9450, it should show up as a 9 inch prop with a 450 pitch. The other aspect to watch for is the “brand”. Just make sure that what you buy is listed as a “DJI” brand. If it shows up without that marking, return it.

9450=
9.4 inch diameter, 5.0 inch pitch

Thanks folks!! Think I'll order up that second listing and hope for the best. Thanks again!!

Just an FYI. I ordered that second listing in my post above and they came today. They are true DJI props of the proper size(even though the ad lists them at 6") The gold stripes are a nice addition to my P3 4K. I'm good to go with a few spares. Hopefully with a bit more stick time I won't need the spares...lol. Thanks again for the help!

Reactions: Starz

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic