Replaced gimbal arm and ribbon cable

Reaction score
I replaced a broken gimbal arm and ribbon cable after a minor crash and now the camera is in continual motion and never achieves the correct orientation. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

A lot of times in a crash, the gimbal arm will bottom out against the upper housing ( the base of the motherboard can be damaged ) as it uses magnets to center YAW position, on the gimbal motherboard, there is a rectangular circuit about 1/4" long and 1/8" wide silver in color, this component gets smashed, and gimbal board is ruined!, you might want to remove and inspect this board CLOSELY, for any damage!
I'll see if I can find a picture of a damaged one?
Brb

J Dot
:cool:

I cannot find a picture, but you will physically see the damage if it is damaged also check the fan closely as they are prone to being squished as well, but sometimes you can bend them back into shape! If all looks good, try unplugging the ribbon, and reinstall, maybe something is not seated correctly? Hope this helps. Most likely the top board magnets out of whack, and cannot find center and just keeps searching for it! ( round and round she goes ). Let us know

J Dot
:cool:

Thanks for your help. I believe you're right about the gimbal logic board causing the problem. I'll let you know...

Another common problem that I have seen here, and with my own Phantom, is that during the re-assembly, the pitch motor shaft is inserted into the camera body 180° off, causing the problem.
The flat side of the shaft should face the rear of the Phantom.

Reactions: J Dot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga