Replace P3 Advanced with Pro body?

Reaction score
Hey guys, had my first real crash this weekend and need some advice. Body is pretty jacked, and knocked a capacitor off as well as some other damage. Gimbal and camera seem fine which is good news at least. I am not super confident doing solder work on the board, so went to ebay. I have a Advanced, but found a Professional body on ebay for sale that includes the boards, motors, etc. All I would need to do it pull off my camera/gimbal and pop it on the used body. My questions are:

1. I know the cam/gimb is different for the pro vs advanced, but would that still be compatible with the board? I didnt know if using that would have any issue.

2. Is there any issue pairing my remote with the new body once I have her all back together?

Thanks guys, hoping this is a good solution to getting back in the sky!
Aloha
D

I think that the difference may be the signal from the controller to the drone which may cause issues. I could be wrong but the advanced work with light bridge and I think the pro uses a different kind of signal. Hopefully the pros on here will guide you on this [emoji4]

1. I know the cam/gimb is different for the pro vs advanced, but would that still be compatible with the board? I didnt know if using that would have any issue.
Yes. Only the Gimbal Top Board is different between these models. Plus power supply brick, emblem at front and graving on camera. And instructions/box cover. That's literally all the differences.
Everything around the Gimbal Top board is identical in the two models. Actually even the FR3 laminate and its copper paths layout on the Gimbal Top Board is the same in these two models. The only difference is in elements soldered to the board.

2. Is there any issue pairing my remote with the new body once I have her all back together?

No. Use standard pairing procedure, either with buttons or the app.

Reactions: Oso
Transmission will be the same, no issue on that, no RC or app change.
The firmware should match the gimbal that will define what you get at the end, in your case an Advance P3.
There will be mismatch between S/N of flight controller and gimbal, maybe you will have to register it. I hope it will not be an issue.

I think that the difference may be the signal from the controller to the drone which may cause issues. I could be wrong but the advanced work with light bridge and I think the pro uses a different kind of signal. Hopefully the pros on here will guide you on this [emoji4]

Both use Lightbridge ...

The question is whether the Pro internals will accept the downgrade to 2.4K camera from the 4K version ?

Nigel

Go for it. Same with mixing and matching P4 advanced and pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oso
Agreed. As noted by @quaddamage in post 3, only the gimbal top board is different between these models.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4