Replace 3-in-1 module

Reaction score
Hello my friends! I have a P4P that crashed last year. Not knowing anything about how to fix drones and afraid to do something wrong, I looked for a guy to fix. He replaced the shell, the gimbal's yaw, and a motor. But because of the cost, I did not fix the vision system and the landing gear. But despite all that, the drone could fly again. It flew until it just felt from the sky when I tried to land. It was as if one of the engines failed. It spiraled and fell (very close to the ground. Did not damage anything). I have not flown with him since. This was last year. This year, I managed to overcome my fear and even try to fix it. First I tried to understand what happened. So I used the airdata system to see the hidden flight logs and I it showed me that I had a “NOT ENOUGHT FORCE/ESC ERROR”. I replaced the landing gear, the rear sensor. And I’m waiting the four new motors to arrive so I can replace them too. When doing all the replacing, I noticed that the 3-in-1 module was damaged (it was not me hahaha). The photos are attached below. As if a soldering iron touched the component and burned the board and component. The correct thing to do is to replace that board, right? Just buy this module and replace it? Nothing special? Do you recommend another solution? Do I need to take extra care when replacing this board?

Thank you all for helping me!

Have a wonderful weekend!

43847a33-47cf-4466-ba42-7c31cfc21e65.JPGPHOTO-2019-06-28-20-26-32.jpg

Last edited:
Can’t view either attachment. Be sure you take plenty of pics before you mess with the plumbing - reassembly can get very confusing quicker than a cat can lick its butt.

• Haha
Reactions: sdileon
Hi estimated colleague! I have reattached the photos! Check it now please!

I’ve already taken tons of photos. Of each connector, cable and board attached to it.

Is there anything I should be worried about? (Hahahaha besides the replacement)

Thank you so much for your response!

Pics are still lost in the ether, but I’m guessing you may be replacing an ESC board or two: starboard side for motors 1 and 4, port side for motors 2 and 3. If so, these boards are positioned in the lower shell in such a way that soldering them in situ can screw up adjacent wiring, flat cable, and plastic housing. Save yourself a lot of headaches by first dismounting the motors and LEDs and raise the associated ESC board(s) out of the lower shell enough to have clear access to their solder points.

If you have little or no experience with soldering, this may be a project you want to pass on. If you are experienced, it’s very doable as long as you keep your bearings. ALWAYS stay focused on your soldering iron and tip - they can inflict expensive damage in a heart-beat!

Good luck!

Pics are still lost in the ether, but I’m guessing you may be replacing an ESC board or two: starboard side for motors 1 and 4, port side for motors 2 and 3. If so, these boards are positioned in the lower shell in such a way that soldering them in situ can screw up adjacent wiring, flat cable, and plastic housing. Save yourself a lot of headaches by first dismounting the motors and LEDs and raise the associated ESC board(s) out of the lower shell enough to have clear access to their solder points.

If you have little or no experience with soldering, this may be a project you want to pass on. If you are experienced, it’s very doable as long as you keep your bearings. ALWAYS stay focused on your soldering iron and tip - they can inflict expensive damage in a heart-beat!

Good luck!
Now I fixed the photos. Take a look in the first post.

I won't touch the ESC board's (I hope). It's the motherboard (3-in-1, they call it) that have to be replaced. And I was thinking: Do I have to reinstall firmware or anything like this when I replace the 3-in-1 board module?

Thank you so much for your response!

Have a wonderful week!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl