Repairing "Older" Models

M

Melvoid

Just thought I'd pass on some info. I have a P3A that I purchased in Feb. of 2016. It's been fine until this year when I started having some camera issues. After only three flights in May, the camera seemed to start up fine, but within a few moments, it hung limp on the gimbal, and there was no control or picture feed (it flew just fine, only problem was camera). I contacted Dronefly who told me flat out that they're not fixing them anymore, too old, no parts, thank you, goodbye. So now I have a thousand-dollar paperweight?

So I looked around a bit and found a place in Plano, TX called Drone Repair Expert (dronerepairexpert.com). He not only correctly diagnosed the problem via email, he had it fixed and back to me in 2 weeks... with a holiday in the middle of said time period.

If you have an older model that needs attention, I'd recommend this place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know. Thanks.

I had the exact same problem happen to the P3S, that I just got. I was freaked out no picture and a limp camera after start up. With everything turned off, I was able to manually make the camera go through all of its moves, Restarted the P3 and everything works perfect now. Wish I could’ve told you this before your repair, to at least try. Glad you’re flying again good luck.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Melvoid, Would you mind sharing what the problem was and what the final bill came to with your Phantom? I have a P3 Advanced that has no camera function. I didn't pay a lot for it used. The cost of repair would greatly influence my decision on what to do next. I think there are quite a few of us out here with this issue so it's always nice to get some current information.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl