removing my cam before flying

Reaction score
Hi everybody i'm a new user just ordered a vision2+. Been reading a lot and watching youtube so slowly gaining knowledge but my question is... How do i get more of those plastic pieces called gimbal collars in the rc drone video where thet show you how to remove your cam before flight. I'm planning on letting my friends use it a bit and prolly gonna crash it a few times myself lol so plan on taking the camera on and off quite frequently. I found some for 5 bucks at dronefly but they cost 32 bucks shipping and you only get 4. Is there something else i could use or ship from here in canada thanks!!

Be warned that removing the camera will mean you will have no telemetry.
That's no indication of satellites, speed, height, battery level or position of your Phantom.
Crippling your Phantom by removing a lot of the things that make it easy and safe to fly might not be the best idea.

Last edited:
its just for los flying and to let my friends drive. i wanna pop that sucker off and not have to worry about where to get more plastic pieces to reattach it. Any suggestions or diy ideas? Please help

lamiker, see this video for instructions on removing the camera (without damaging the pins):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If needed though, you can find new pins on Amazon.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic