Removed Blade Guards - All 4 Motors “twitching”

Reaction score
As I mentioned in the topic I removed my Phantom 1 Blade Guards and unfortunately re used those screws. I recently read this can damage the drone if they are too long. Worst case scenario....these screws damaged components what am I looking at?

Yes its highly likely this has happened unfortunately,,screws are just to long and can damage copper windings ,take them all out and test start,,it might still be ok but will need shorter screws,,good luck

As I mentioned in the topic I removed my Phantom 1 Blade Guards and unfortunately re used those screws. I recently read this can damage the drone if they are too long. Worst case scenario....these screws damaged components what am I looking at?
Do you get a “ESC” error message on your device screen while in the DJI GO app?
If not,then you might get lucky and didn’t damage the motors. If even one motor is damaged, you will get the ESC error message when trying to start the motors.

Do you get a “ESC” error message on your device screen while in the DJI GO app?
If not,then you might get lucky and didn’t damage the motors. If even one motor is damaged, you will get the ECS error message when trying to start the motors.
Phantom 1 does not use go app he will most likely have to replace all 4 motors and maybe each esc

It has happened so often that as soon as we see “removed prop guards...” we don’t even need to read the rest of the post to know what happened. Such a bummer. I know we’ve warned people hundreds of times over many years, but unless you read the forums it’s easy to make this mistake. I wish the design was different so that this didn't happen.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Luckily I reused my old screws when I removed my prop guards on my Phantom 3 Standard. Unluckily I produced a slight crack when put back my one of my original screws. Be careful when reattaching them.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic