Remote w/RC screen goes dim/black

Reaction score
I have the Phantom 4 Pro with the remote that has the RC screen attached. Every time I fly it the remote screen goes dark/black, even while I'm in the middle of flying the drone. I then have to blindly fly it back down to me and then turn off the remote and turn it back on, but it does the same thing. I've turned off the Auto Brightness and that did nothing. It'll work for a little bit and then do the same thing every time i use it. The firmware is updated and everything. I've even done a hard update with a zip file and transfer, and I thought that worked and fixed it, but it doesn't. I took video to try and show what happens, so maybe someone else might know of a fix?
The video is on my youtube to see whats happening

Thanks,
Sara

New equipment? Used equipment? Any damage history? Original purchaser? Left on the dash inside your car and overheated?

Mine does it occasionally, I think it is from strong interference that my app shuts down. Make sure you are not pressing the power button on screen by mistake when adjusting screen. Top right is the power buttton.

New equipment? Used equipment? Any damage history? Original purchaser? Left on the dash inside your car and overheated?
Yes, sorry. It was bought brand new 2017 from the DJI website. I am the original purchaser. The Remote Right stick register didn't have full range of motion. It wasn't dropped or anything, we sent it in to have DJI repair it. After it came back, we had to resend both the drone and controller because it crashed from the remote the first time, but we didn't know anything was wrong with it. When they repaired the drone, they did nothing with the remote, but when it came back from them that's when the screen started going black/dim. It's stored in the storage bag in a controlled air environment. So it doesn't get left in the heat or cold.

Mine does it occasionally, I think it is from strong interference that my app shuts down. Make sure you are not pressing the power button on screen by mistake when adjusting screen. Top right is the power buttton.
I'm not touching the button to turn off the screen. But mine does it every time i fly. and even if the drone is landed and i'm trying to get the remote to work it'll continue to do it.

Doesn’t sound like a fun issue to deal with. If it was me, I’d send it back to DJI, or find an authorized dealer and let them look at it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj