Remote stuck - Solid Red LED

Reaction score
After reading hundreds of threads, I still can't resolve my issue!

Purchase Phantom 3 Standard in Dec 2016. After a (mid sized) crash, I had to replace a few parts. When starting back up, the tiny camera LED would get stuck on solid Red. So following instructions, I manually downgraded the firmware, all the way to P3C_FW_V01.05.0070. Fired up and all on AC is well! Camera LED is solid green. Link to RC light on AC is solid green. I can even control the props and camera with the remote! BUT...

The LED on the remote is still red. In the DJI GO App (3.1.1), I get "Remote Controller Connected, Connect your aircraft. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it! I've tried the "Graduation Hat" method, but it says:

"Current version 1.7.90.
Get Firmware Version Failed
Select Firmware Version
None"

My guess is, that the RC is using the newest firmware (1.7.90) and the AC is using the older (1.05.0070) which is why I can't see the camera, but can still control RC functions. But no matter how I try to adjust the firmware of the AC (up to 1.6 or to 1.7), the AC gets stuck in the mode where the camera LED is solid red with a long, unending beep.

I have tried to update just the RC firmware, but it will not function through the app and I can't get it to function through the micro USB port. HELP... just want to fly again!

I had a similar problem. Red led on the camera with constant beeping. Multiple errors indicating the IMU needed to be performed (no change after doing this), and an error indicating the system board was faulty. (Sorry...can't recall the exact wording but I believe it had to do with the internal onboard memory being corrupted after firmware upgrade problems) I loaded the attached firmware file to the removable memory card, let it perform an update and my solid red light went away. This file appears to be a patch to the latest 1.7x. The file size is much smaller than the standard 1.7x firmware download. Worth giving a shot it you are currently at the latest 1.7x.

Firmware update barometer problem
.bin file link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aofgpa3OVV6pbITfjB9QIAaiGf8
http://www.phantompilots.com/index.php?posts/1030074/

Let us know if that works. The update using this file takes a while....at least as long as the standard firmware updates.

The AC is safely past the first 10-20 seconds, which is when the camera LED had been hanging up and going solid red, so this progress is encouraging! It is beeping and flashing like it did when I first updated firmware, so again, positive!

I have the RC turned of and the app closed. Any advice on a power up/down sequence after this update is completed? Should I delete and re-download the app (as I have seen suggested for other issues?)

Super happy to be making progress... thank you!

Update appears to be successful. AC started up and I have solid green Camera light and RC link light.

Red light on RC still solid. RC is still connected to AC and controlling motor and camera movement.

However, DJI Go App still states that aircraft is disconnected. Once I tap "Camera", I have no image, but can see all of the usual app selections. When I tap the grey bar on the upper left and enter aircraft status, I see that it is not reading Aircraft Battery Temp (N/A) and Gimbal Status is "Gimbal Disconnected." How does this make sense if the Gimbal is functioning!

I was keeping my fingers crossed for you. Perhaps the remaining problems are a result of issues with the parts that were replace or the crash? Maybe try all of the normal suggestions you should do after a FW update with IMU, and other calibrations if not already done. Also try DJI Go from another device.

Last edited:
Update appears to be successful. AC started up and I have solid green Camera light and RC link light.

Red light on RC still solid. RC is still connected to AC and controlling motor and camera movement.

However, DJI Go App still states that aircraft is disconnected. Once I tap "Camera", I have no image, but can see all of the usual app selections. When I tap the grey bar on the upper left and enter aircraft status, I see that it is not reading Aircraft Battery Temp (N/A) and Gimbal Status is "Gimbal Disconnected." How does this make sense if the Gimbal is functioning!

Did you ever get this fixed on your drone? Mine is doing the same thing. Of course my drone hasn't flown since a crash in December 2015.

wasn't there something about taking the RC apart and unplugging the battery then plugging the battery back in to reset the RC

Did you ever get it fixed?? I think I'm having the same problem and can't find anything that works. I had a small crash. The gimbal was flopping about afterwards. I went ahead and swapped out the flat flex cable and made sure all the motors were aligned properly. The camera a gimbal seem to act right on start up. The AC link light is green. The camera light is green. But the RC light stays solid red. The GO app says connect AC, but I'm able to move the camera with the RC so it's somewhat connected, just not synced up with the GO app. Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem but draining the battery completely and recharging fixed the problem. No idea what caused the problem or why this fixed it but it did work. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl