Remote controller not charging

Reaction score
I received my Phantom 4 Pro + today and, of course, charged the battery and the controller right away -- using the standard DJI AC charging cable. The battery charged fine, but the controller is still "charging." Having achieved only two white lights after about three hours, I took it out for a maiden flight - and was successful in getting it to launch and hover. Then the controller started BEEPING wildly to warn me its charge was almost gone. I shut down everything and came back inside to continue charging the controller. So far, I've not succeeded in getting the controller to re-charge more than one white light. (The far-left red light is also on, of course.) Also, after about 20 minutes of charging, the controller emits a steady BEEP - repeated every second, until I unplug the charger and start over. I cannot get any more than ONE blinking light. Any suggestions?

I completely rebooted the controller to factory settings, then reset the link to the drone, then went outside and was able to get GPS signals, to launch, to move around, to redirect the camera, to return to home, and shut down. The entire time my controller was beeping constantly to tell me I had a low battery. I'm trying to recharge it now, and will leave it charging all night if necessary. . . If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it. This afternoon I was able to get TWO white lights on the controller. . . but now I have just one, and I should have four. Help!

Hi Hermitdog.

Sorry to hear that. Did you buy it new?

I just got a new p4p+v2.0 with the built in screen.

I didnt do anything special but simply plugged it in and it charged normally till the lights turned off.

It sounds like your controller is faulty.

Good luck

Thanks, Digsy. I found MANY YouTube vids complaining of the same problem: constant beeping and lights indicating the RC battery was only partly charged. Somewhere among those YouTube vids, one guy recommended recalibrating the joysticks several times, so I did that. He also said that even though only two lights of the RC's four lights were lit, he tested the RC battery and it was actually fully charged. After I'd done everything his video suggested, I shut everything down and restarted it - and, to my amazement, no more BEEPING!! I got out this morning and shot my first three videos (in beginner mode, of course.) So far, everything is working great.
Here's the video that worked for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzPM8rSG3Y4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik