Remote controller left gimbal dial doesn't work, instead the pitch stick moves the gimbal

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a pretty weird oddity happening. I purchased a used Phantom 4 Pro and it came with two remotes. I switched to the second remote because it was like brand new condition. I first bind it and calibrate it. Then I notice (in the calibration screen) that the left dial doesn't do anything. Instead the right stick pitch (Mode 2) is that pitches the gimbal.

Troubleshooting steps:
1. Re-bind controller
2. Re-calibrate controller
3. Changed remote mode to another drone "Phantom 4 Advanced" etc, then brought it back to mode "Phantom 4 Pro"
4. Reverted the firmware using Go app several times (at times it would just get stuck and flash red light / beep beep beep)
5. There are no updates available.
6. Testing using "long press on shutter > camera/gimbal control" this changes nothing.
7. Downloaded DJI Assistant 2, it says my remote is not compatible.
8. Binded original remote back and it works as intended.

Does anyone know what I should do from here?

Last edited:
V1? What are the model numbers on the bottom of the remotes. P4P can only use a 300F/E. 300C is for P4S/A but it would not link.

Same firmware on both? Not an answer, but I am interested as I have a few of these remotes. Any info from previous owner? Sounds like a loose connection or short. Wonder if it’s already been opened? Sorry, throwing darts here. At least you got 2 for comparison. DJI support? LOL

Hey, I had a good bud find a similar behavior on a Phantom 3 remote. It turned out that two of the flex cables inside of my remote were disconnected. This must have happened after a drop or something.

Hey guys, I have a pretty weird oddity happening. I purchased a used Phantom 4 Pro and it came with two remotes. I switched to the second remote because it was like brand new condition. I first bind it and calibrate it. Then I notice (in the calibration screen) that the left dial doesn't do anything. Instead the right stick pitch (Mode 2) is that pitches the gimbal.

Troubleshooting steps:
1. Re-bind controller
2. Re-calibrate controller
3. Changed remote mode to another drone "Phantom 4 Advanced" etc, then brought it back to mode "Phantom 4 Pro"
4. Reverted the firmware using Go app several times (at times it would just get stuck and flash red light / beep beep beep)
5. There are no updates available.
6. Testing using "long press on shutter > camera/gimbal control" this changes nothing.
7. Downloaded DJI Assistant 2, it says my remote is not compatible.
8. Binded original remote back and it works as intended.

Does anyone know what I should do from here?

I had the same problem with mine I took the remote apart and found a ribbon cable with an number 2 on it had come loose reattached it now everythinh is worhing great

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31