Remote Controller Gimbal Wheel: Fixed

Reaction score
Got my first P3P last month, and the gimbal wheel on the controller didn't work very well. It would not go "down" without a lot of fiddling with it, and hitting just the right spot. Very aggravating! I did not want to be without a bird for 6-8 weeks if I sent it in for repair, so I bought another one as a backup, mainly for the controller. I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's all good, was just waiting to get an RMA # to send the original controller back.

This morning, on a whim, I decided to calibrate the new controller. Went though the steps and headed out to fly. Upon reaching 100ft, I was ready to snap a few pics. Rolled the gimbal wheel left and low and behold............ it didn't work!!! Now I'm thinking, no way!! Not 2 bad gimbal wheels!! I brought her down, and went in to calibrate it again. Well, guess what calibration I didn't do the first time?! Yep, you have to calibrate the GIMBAL WHEEL!! That's what the "horizontal" bar is for!! I had no idea. User error.

That's when it dawned on me. I got home, pulled out the original controller, calibrated it AND the gimbal scroll wheel, and it WORKED!! Yes, user error. Again! So now I have 2 fully functional P3P's. First world problems I tell ya!!

Reactions: dirkclod
Can I have ya extra one snerd
drunk.gif

Grandson standing here just knowing it's his by birthright. I told him it's a backup bird, like my 2nd camera is a backup camera. Not sure how long I can keep him confused..................
:D They getting smarter quick now eh ! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic