Registration question

Reaction score
So i just bought my first drone ever. I got the mavic pro and im already in love with it. Obviously ive been worried about having to register it. Its not for commercial use just a hobbyist, do i still need to register it? Also there is a heliport within 5 miles of my house, but everytime i call them to ask them if i can fly it they never answer. There is also a private airport that i call but the number is disconnected. Any ideas on what i should do. I am trying to obey all laws but its very difficult to get a hold of them

You do not have to register anymore however many members still recommend it since the laws will eventually be updated to require registration again. It's $5 to register and your drone was $1000, easy to do right :)

As for the airports and heliports I think try your best, if they have an answering machine leave a message describing your flight path and when it will happen. But I'll default to a more knowledgeable member on the subject.

While it's not required, you can still register as a hobbyist on the FAA's website here.

i will register it soon... better be safe than sorry ... plus i have no reason not to register it no matter what the courts said

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl