Register Mavic Mini?

Reaction score
I bought a Mavic Mini as a "casual" complement to the "serious" P3P. :) Is there any advantage to voluntarily registering the Mini? (Aside from if, for some reason, I use it commercially, in which case it would have to registered. Or if I add prop guards, which brings it above 250g.) The only reason I can think of is that it might indicate positive intent to follow regulations, but otherwise it just seems like more gub'mint stuff I don't need.

I bought a Mavic Mini as a "casual" complement to the "serious" P3P. :) Is there any advantage to voluntarily registering the Mini? (Aside from if, for some reason, I use it commercially, in which case it would have to registered. Or if I add prop guards, which brings it above 250g.) The only reason I can think of is that it might indicate positive intent to follow regulations, but otherwise it just seems like more gub'mint stuff I don't need.

It would be helpful if you put your location on your profile because otherwise we have no idea which country (and associated regulations) you are even referring to.

Use the same “Reg” # from the P3 on your Mini in US. Same FAA reg # on all your drones. If that’s the reg your speaking of, it’s on my Mini for peace of mind if lost. Along with ph#. Same # on all 6 of my present drones.

Reactions: andy.spilos
Use the same “Reg” # from the P3 on your Mini in US. Same FAA reg # on all your drones. If that’s the reg your speaking of, it’s on my Mini for peace of mind if lost. Along with ph#. Same # on all 6 of my present drones.
My Phantom has commercial registration, so the Mini would have to be registered separately if I do it. The "if lost" consideration factors in as well.

Reactions: Capt KO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.