Register drone with FAA

Reaction score
Hi everyone. So I crashed up my p4p a few weeks ago. I sent the drone to DJI because it looked above my self repair capabilities. They sent me an estimate and I agreed to have repaired . I did not receive back the same drone based upon the serial #. I knew that was a possibility from reading other posts and I am fine with that. My question is .. do I need to register this drone now with the FAA? For the 5 dollar fee . Or can I use the registration number I already have.? Thank you in advance.

You can use the same FAA registration number if you're only flying as a hobbyist (not under Part 107 rules).

Reactions: The Flyer
My question is .. do I need to register this drone now with the FAA? For the 5 dollar fee . Or can I use the registration number I already have.?
The FAA didn't ask for a serial number for the first drone because you were registering yourself as a drone flyer, not registering the drone.
You can use the same number for all your drones.

Hobby Registration - operator is registered not the aircraft (as in you didn't have to provide serial # during registration process). You can apply that same Reg# to all of your HOBBY ONLY aircraft.

Commercial/Part 107 Registration - you registered a specific aircraft (you did have to provide serial # during the process). You can CANCEL that registration and then pay $5 and register the new one.

You can go to the FAA Drone Zone portal to determine which type of registration you have:

Reactions: RCLudlow
Thank you all so much for that info. I appreciate it. I am just a hobbyist and registered a couple of years ago.

My variation on this is that I did register as a commercial flyer (still working toward getting my Part 107 cert.), so did register the AC by its serial #...............but recently discovered that I had misread a digit and thus registered it with the wrong serial #...It seems that the only recourse is to re-register with the correct # as if its a new acquisition (the FAA says there is no way to correct the registration after more than x days have gone by (14 I think they said))...

My variation on this is that I did register as a commercial flyer (still working toward getting my Part 107 cert.), so did register the AC by its serial #...............but recently discovered that I had misread a digit and thus registered it with the wrong serial #...It seems that the only recourse is to re-register with the correct # as if its a new acquisition (the FAA says there is no way to correct the registration after more than x days have gone by (14 I think they said))...

That is correct.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4