Reformatting is suggested

Reaction score
Hi All
Just done the second firmware update on my P3A and I keep getting reformatting is suggested on the top right hand corner of the pilot app - I have reformatted at least 5 times on 3 different devices!!!!
anyone else getting this error?

Had a quick flick through the manual but short of time as usual, could you please give me an idea of where in the app the formatting setting is.
Thanks

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434824098.685037.jpg

In camera settings

Thanks for that, I couldn't find it in the app because it was hiding!!!
Hopefully all sorted now and I am looking forward to testing it tomorrow weather permitting [emoji2]

Reformatted what?
You should really be formatting the camera SD card in the phantom via the app.
It sounds like it's finding the files on the card are not as expected.

I don't recommend that based on my experience. If you format a 64G card in the camera, you won't be able to read it in at PC. You can not use the Pilot app to download 4K files to your Android device, it will download 1080 files and stills. Format the the SD card in your PC.

I don't recommend that based on my experience. If you format a 64G card in the camera, you won't be able to read it in at PC. You can not use the Pilot app to download 4K files to your Android device, it will download 1080 files and stills. Format the the SD card in your PC.

I format my 64GB cards in the P3P almost every flight and have no problems reading them in either computer (Windows 8.1 and 10). It sounds like you might have an issue with your computer. Make sure your computer can read exFAT. The P3P formats 32GB cards as FAT and 64GB cards as exFAT by default.

Reactions: g00se
Either way is okay. I prefer the app, cause I'm usually in it.

What seems weird is the app (iOS) doesn't seem to like exFAT format on the 16GB drive that comes with the P3P. When I loaded the card (formatted to exFAT on Win7 box) it asked to reformat.

Good to know about exFAT by default on the 64GB cards!

What seems weird is the app (iOS) doesn't seem to like exFAT format on the 16GB drive that comes with the P3P. When I loaded the card (formatted to exFAT on Win7 box) it asked to reformat.

Good to know about exFAT by default on the 64GB cards!

In some quick informal tests I noticed the P3 formats 16GB and 32GB cards FAT, only using exFAT for 64GB cards. DJI tends to aim for maximum compatibility over performance, which is relevant given threads complaining about televisions not being able to read exFAT cards.

64GB cards you exFat and in some cases a different format than normal MicroSD cards. If you can not read it in your PC you need a newer card reader that supports it. Most new card readers will support 64GB and larger SD Cards no problem.

Reactions: AeroVisionz
I have the same problem but I have no icon showing format SD card. I see that aircraft is off so SD card must be plugged into ipad? I have no way of doing that on a Ipad.

The card that came with my P3P keep saying it needed to be reformatted. The only thing that fixed it was a new card. Bought one on sale at Best Buy for $9.00 worked great.

You are correct blue_goose. I installed a new card and the warning went away. I still don't understand why I have no icon in my app to format card. I just used my desktop to format.

If you have a card that won't format you can't find the app. You have to be connected to the P3P then click on the little camera on the right side above the shutter button, then click more and you should see the format. If you have a card that won't format you loose the entire line that tells you the settings of the camera. My P3P recorded good with the card that wouldn't format but I didn't have any of the info.

I do see the settings for the camera now. Any idea why the SD card that came with the Phantom has that problem? It worked fine just kept getting format warning. I ended up buying a SanDisk Pixtor 32 GB card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.