reduced power at first battery warning?

Reaction score
is this normal? i was flying the drone hard today just playing and when i got to the first warning at 25% i noticed it was descending... and i gave it more up and it barely went up, so i figured i was getting reduced power now... thought that didn't happen till the 2nd warning.

Migmon said:
is this normal? i was flying the drone hard today just playing and when i got to the first warning at 25% i noticed it was descending... and i gave it more up and it barely went up, so i figured i was getting reduced power now... thought that didn't happen till the 2nd warning.

I don't know if it is normal but I had the same experience today, but I think it happened around 17%. Luckily I could get it down slowly, but in the end I couldn't control it at all and have a minor crash :roll:

I don't know why we cant fly until the battery are nearly flat????

Klaus said:
I don't why we cant fly until the battery are nearly flat????

Two reasons:

1. DJI want to give yuo a threshold in order for you to be able to get your Vision back to you, hence the two-stage warning. Stage one means "start to head on back", stage two means "I'm going to start coming down now, but can override me a little if you're still on the way". It makes sense from a safety point of view - soft landing versus plummet to the ground when you hit 3%.

2. Lipos don't like deep discharging. If you regularly fly much below 20% you are shortening the life of that expensive battery. In extreme cases the battery could start to swell up or even burst into flames if it gets a really deep discharge. The DJI recommended "down to 8%" is only once every 20 flights...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20