Red light Flashing on front of Phantom 3 Gimbal and not connection to controller

Reaction score
I had to exchange my Phantom 3 Professional aircraft for a new replacement. I can not get the controller to connect to the aircraft. I have tried to load both with the newest firmware but I get the same results. The aircraft beeps 1 long and 2 short beeps when I place the Micro card into the Gimbal as if it is up to date and the back LED lights flash yellow/red green. I have tried pressing in the button next to the red light on the bottom right side of the aircraft (if you have the battery facing you) for 2 seconds to get it to allow connection to the controller but I never get a yellow light it just flashes 3 green and then 1 red for 2 cycles, then holds red solid. Any suggestions to get this thing would be wonderful. Thank you for your time.

check your Micro card and see if there's a text saying that the update was successful. If not dump that bin off the card reload and try the update again.

You said that you pressed the link button on the P3, but didn't say you set the app to link as well. Did you do all of this?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/images/Phantom3-Link-Remote-Controller
I had not tried that part of it but have now. The craft does not show up in the app so not too many options are available. The app is called DJIGO now and is setup differently than the instructions that you sent the link for. Thank you for sending that by the way, I had not thought that the program was involved in binding the controller to the craft. You would think that would be hardware. Anywho, I am still not connected to my craft, :-( The light on the front of the Gimbal stays red all the time. The binding light flashes between green and red with different flashing patterns. The last micro card with the bin file and txt file from the craft said successful. I am steady losing jobs because of this connect problem. Darn.

FYI that the GO app is not much different than the Pilot app, and the linking process is identical along with most other functionality being identical. If the linking process as noted in the instructions is not working for you, there must be something else wrong. Good luck sir!

Have you been able to solve your issue, On my GJI Go App, I only get How to Connect and not Enter Camera View. It used to allow me to Enter Camera View. I can control the gimbal up and down with the remote on, but cannot Enter Camera View.

Last edited:
Have you been able to solve your issue, On my GJI Go App, I only get How to Connect and not Enter Camera View. It used to allow me to Enter Camera View. I can control the gimbal up and down with the remote on, but cannot Enter Camera View.
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

This issue is happening to many users, my P3 Pro has worked fine for years and then all of a sudden no gimbal detected. Wiped phone (apple iPhone 6) and reinstalled from Itunes backup like I have read some have done to fix issue but still nothing. Taken gimbal off and reconnected, still nothing. I can control gimbal with remote so it's connected but just won't show up on phone when trying to fly. Have heard it's a software issue with the DJI GO APP and iPhone's. I hate this and want to throw this dam bird against the wall! Help!!!

This issue is happening to many users, my P3 Pro has worked fine for years and then all of a sudden no gimbal detected. Wiped phone (apple iPhone 6) and reinstalled from Itunes backup like I have read some have done to fix issue but still nothing. Taken gimbal off and reconnected, still nothing. I can control gimbal with remote so it's connected but just won't show up on phone when trying to fly. Have heard it's a software issue with the DJI GO APP and iPhone's. I hate this and want to throw this dam bird against the wall! Help!!!
I am now having the same issue, did you ever find out what's causing it?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl