Red LED lights upon Turn On and During compass calibration

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm on my last hope before throwing away my Phantom 2 vision. I have been getting an error where the LED lights would turn solid Red soon as I turn it on. I have read through all the forum posts, searched all of google, and watched all the youtube videos to find a solution but nothing has worked. I thought it was a bad battery, so I went out and bought two more new batteries. I then thought it was due to a bad compass, so I bought the newest compass and had that install. I am able to do an advanced calibration without any errors popping up. But when I do the compass calibration on the drone itself, it's fine when I do the horizontal calibration, but when I go to do the veritical, it just goes red afterwards.

Please help!

That is strange,
Are you near an airport?
Also check ALL connections CAREFULLY, sounds like something might have come loose? When you said you replaced compass, did you replace with anti static compass? Could also be a Tx problem, as red lights indicate lost signal, and last check your battery connections, and data pins. I use contact cleaner on mine regularly ( PLASTIC SAFE ).
Keep us updated!

J Dot

Ps, can you post a video of it happening? Might help diagnose the issue!

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic