recreational FAA Registration renewed without test AFAICT

I guess they haven’t got around to yet. They said we were good till the end of the year, why did you try to renew? I might go ahead and do it before they change something again. Lol

I just checked and mine was issued 7/16/2016 and is indeed good until 12/12/2020. I thought they were only good for (3) years but I do remember something about them being extended or something.

just got mine awhile back, 3 year, no test, so I figure they'll call me when a seat's available :cool:

Thanks for the reminder. I just renewed too. Good to 2023 for $ 5.00, no test, went smooth at the FAADroneZone
To get your license did you Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test? You have to pass that test first, that is part of the criteria for getting your license. Can you provide proof? You didn't lie did you? You know the penalty for that? Could someone explain what they are talking about, "passing a test" in the criteria list for getting a recreational license on the FAA's website?

To get your license did you Pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test? You have to pass that test first, that is part of the criteria for getting your license. Can you provide proof? You didn't lie did you? You know the penalty for that? Could someone explain what they are talking about, "passing a test" in the criteria list for getting a recreational license on the FAA's website?
The new rules require it, but they have not gotten off their bureaucratic backsides and developed and implemented the testing yet. Therefore you can still renew without testing. It might help if we had real leadership in the FAA instead of the BIG business mouthpiece we have now.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
The new rules require it, but they have not gotten off their bureaucratic backsides and developed and implemented the testing yet. Therefore you can still renew without testing. It might help if we had real leadership in the FAA instead of the BIG business mouthpiece we have now.
Big business and politics make the world go round. In the end we purger ourselves by saying yes. We should’ve known better to click yes. We break the law. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: DoomMeister
as stated, there was no place to take test, being In the, We the PPL camp, I'm going by the premise, most adults typically make adult choices. Maybe the government agrees and won't send the SUV's for me :cool:

I just renewed mine . $5. I haven't taken any test . Good till 12-12-2023. I don't know if they will get back to us with that or not. They change their minds so often, I won't worry about it.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj