Recommend, please... 3-axis gimbal

Reaction score
I heard that Walkera 2-axis gimbal has some gello-effect. I want to take a clear shot.

As far as I understand, 3-axis gimbal is better than 2-axis gimbal.

Please, recommend me a good 3-axis gimbal for FC40.

Walkera 3-axis is good choice??? I really don't know much about 3-axis gimbal brands.

Zenmuse 3-axis? Walkera 3-axis? I don't want to buy any china gimbals.

Last year, I bought 2-aixs gimbal from Aliexpress, China. It was a nightmare.
(http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DJI-...amera-w-Motors-Controller-RTF/1440335191.html) <----Dont' buy this product.

My FC40 crashed from the sky because of the china 2-axis gimbal's false operation.

I asked 5 times to a chinese seller about it. No response...................

I never buy any china product since then.

SO, please recommend reliable products except a china product.

Ironically, DJI FC40 is also China Brand...... LOL...

Actually, I also had some problems when I bought FC40 last year....
I returned FC40 last year and I waited for another 2 months to get a "no-problem FC40".
DJI gave me a "no-operation FC40". LOL.....

Anyways.....

Please, recommend me a good and reliable 3-axis gimbals....

Thanks

There is no simple plug & play gimbal for the FC40. Whatever you get, you're going to have to do some minimal wiring and research for how to set it up.
But there are lots of threads and lots of youtube videos to help out. You'll need to do some searching.

The Walkera gimbals seem to be well regarded; that's what I would go with if I were you. You can get the DJI gimbal, but it's quite costly. It would actually require several more parts to set it up.

You could get that Chinese gimbal going if you did some searches about it. People have made guides and answered lots of questions about them.

It looks like the same gimbal I have. My bird fell out of the sky, well ran into stuff a number of times. It was never because of the gimbal though. The gimbal still works quite well. It's just too heavy vs the Walkera @120 grams.

Bad electrics (not electronics), soldering and wiring in cheap gimbals (but also cheap LED's, or any crappy Chinese stuff, be careful) are prone to fry or blow up something on your mainboard someday, you just have to wait, but it happens sooner or later.

A Walkera G2-D is very easy to power, simply run one standard 3-pole servo female-female wire from the F2 port (on the Naza-M V2) to the pitch port of the gimbal and you have power as well as pitch control. No more wires needed, no soldering.
The Naza supplies a conditioned 5.5 volts without peaks.

The Naza supplies a conditioned 5.5 volts without peaks.

I hate to wander off topic too much, but can you tell me exactly (like maybe even with a picture) where I can tap that 5.5 volts, please.

Thanks

I hate to wander off topic too much, but can you tell me exactly (like maybe even with a picture) where I can tap that 5.5 volts, please.

Thanks

The F2 port on the Naza-M module, see picture. You need a standard 3 pole servo cable to make it work.
It should work straight away. No other connection needed.
Basically, you can get power from any of the ports, they all supply 5.5 volts. I powered a 5Volt LED from the F1 port the same way. But the F2 port operates the gimbal pitch as well.

Attachments

• naza-m V2.jpg
    naza-m V2.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 486

Thanks
I'm not sure about that setup. According to the manufacturer of the Walkera 2D White Plastic version it calls for a minimum of 7.4v to 12v. That 5.5v setup is obviously below the recommended standard. Sure it may work but what circumstances do you suffer later for under powering the unit?

I think people are confusing the pitch signal (5V?) with the gimbal power requirement (7.4-12V). For the gimbal power, your FC40 has an auxiliary power wire run down one of the legs from the main board (same voltage as lipo batt). Simply connect this to the gimbal power input directly or with JST connector and you are good to go.

I think people are confusing the pitch signal (5V?) with the gimbal power requirement (7.4-12V). For the gimbal power, your FC40 has an auxiliary power wire run down one of the legs from the main board (same voltage as lipo batt). Simply connect this to the gimbal power input directly or with JST connector and you are good to go.

No, I am certainly not confusing anything, thank you.
And the signal isn't supplying the 5.5 volts. The other two poles from the port do that.
If you power it with 12 volts, you still need also a signal wire from F2 to the gimbal pitch port, provided that you want to operate the pitch.

Originally I had the gimbal powered with 12 volt from the aux wire to the power-in port of the gimbal and I had a standard 3pole servo wire connected to F2 for pitch, instead of only a single signal wire. At one time the main power cable became disconnected, but to my surprise, the gimbal still continued to operate normally. So I got rid of the 12 volts cable all together. The gimbal motors use 5.5 volts which is industry standard for servos.
I think the 12 volts is needed for its aux port to power iLook FPV stuff on a Walkera bird, not for the motors, they need 5.5.

Naza is supposed to deliver the 5.5 volts on the ports for standard servos. Don't forget that Naza-M is a generic flight controller that is used in many different types of craft, not only phantoms.

Last edited:
Thank you so much!!!! I ordered Walkera G-2D 2-AXIS instead of Walkera G-3D 3-AXIS. I will try Walkera G-3D 3-AXIS later.

Additionally, I saw the China-Cheap-Gimbal like a dog strongly swinging its tail from side to side on the sky.

Maybe, most of air crash on the sky happens because the cheap china products operate wrong suddenly.

Cool, you got your question answered. Mind if we hijack your thread now?

Here, let me start the hijack AGAIN. :rolleyes:
Ya know, if it wasn't so **** interesting reading these posts, I wouldn't do this hijacking thing.

Right on, lake flyer, I had no clue about the many uses for 5.5 volts in the RC world. I'm sure some of you have watched the slow progression of my wynotweb pages. Well, I guess I just found another one or two subjects which need a page.

For those of you who don't read signatures, do me a favor and look at mine. I'm not selling anything, it's just background, helpful info and...

how I look at each and every day. I really do love this show called life on earth.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31