Recalibration of IMU problem

Reaction score
Unpacked my shiny P3S this afternoon, downloaded DJI Go which an age to set up, kept dropping Internet when activating, kept disconnecting eventually got it going. Followed instructions to recalibrate IMU, 'switching off the aircraft 5 minutes before recalibration', nothing, didn't even start the recalibration. Tried three times, zilch. Left the machine on and the calibration went ahead smoothly.
Also the display on the Go is unlike the tutorials, icons in different positions on the screen, also straight 'gamble recalibration' wasn't an option.
What's going on.

Was aircraft connected to RC and RC connected to your tablet?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Are you starting the calibration, then turning off the aircraft?

The instruction is to ensure that the aircraft has been turned off for 5 minutes, then turn it on and calibrate.

I put mine in the fridge for most of that 5 minutes to shorten warmup times on cold days.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

The instruction is to ensure that the aircraft has been turned off for 5 minutes, then turn it on and calibrate.

I put mine in the fridge for most of that 5 minutes to shorten warmup times on cold days.
On all three occasions the a/c was turned off for at least 10 minster before each attempt. It didn't even attempt to recalibrate.

Yes it's better to calibrate IMU at lower temperature than the ambient at which you are flying to shorten the warm up times.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Aaah! OK! This may sound stupid, but I don't care. At no point in the Dji Tutorial does it mention turning the a/c back on, after 5 minutes, to calibrate! Whilst this may be obvious to you chaps, I have no tech knowledge and accept what is said/written without question. I got left behind with the invention of the VHS. So, switch off for at least 5 mins , then switch back on and calibrate, correct?

Follow these instructions to calibrate the IMU:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Follow these instructions to calibrate the IMU:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That was exactly what I followed, exactly, verbatim. No mention about switching the A/C back on after the 5 minutes. If you are totally unfamiliar with the technology you follow the instructions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers