Recalibrating IMU Error on Phantom 3 - Stuck at 2%

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2 year old Phantom 3 which seemed to be in good shape other than a faulty battery which I replaced. I put my time into the posts and videos and had it flying in no time. Yay for me! That lasted just a few days, then yesterday while attempting a simple take off it drifted sideways quickly and into a tree branch. No real damage but I got a IMU error. I've been trying to recalibrate the IMU but the first time it went up to 36% and got stuck for 20 minutes. I restarted everything and tried again, it only went up to 2%. I shut it down, recharged the batteries and walked away for several hours. I just tried again and same thing, stuck at 2%. Can someone please help me?

Taking her apart made me nervous but then I remembered another post I read where the guy said to take the battery out and install it with a thump, really smacking it in there. At the time I thought that was silly but after reading this post about the accelerometer being stuck, I thought I'd try it rather than take it apart. I did it twice and it worked! The calibration went through without a hitch. Thanks for all your help!

Took off before GPS lock. Common when excited or in a hurry. Blows away but you do have control, just not how you expect. Takes practice.
Glad you’re back in the air! ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20