Really wishing I'd skipped this update altogether...

Reaction score
Pardon my cynicism but, this whole thing looks sketchy to me. Like many folks, I long ago installed a 7th channel lever in hopes one day DJI would enable it with a software update. Well, I've done everything recommended and it won't work I haven't done the side-loaded rar file, but that's a hack and I shouldn't have to do that.

The other piece of this that is really irritating is the whole "battery upgrade" nonsense. I strongly suspect this was a clever way for DJI to eliminate the use of all the after-market batteries and force you to buy their premium priced ones. I mean seriously, WTH does this update actually do. Plus, the newest software won't update the battery at all but if you did it on the previous version as I did with one of my batteries, guess what? The other battery won't work until you "upgrade" it.

The bottom line to me is this thing was poorly rolled out, even more poorly documented/tested and at the end of the day won't even do the one and only thing I really wanted; THE 7TH CHANNEL!

Thanks for nothing DJI. Next time I'll think long and hard before installing one of these BS updates.

Rebelvis said:
Pardon my cynicism but, this whole thing looks sketchy to me. Like many folks, I long ago installed a 7th channel lever in hopes one day DJI would enable it with a software update. Well, I've done everything recommended and it won't work I haven't done the side-loaded rar file, but that's a hack and I shouldn't have to do that.

The other piece of this that is really irritating is the whole "battery upgrade" nonsense. I strongly suspect this was a clever way for DJI to eliminate the use of all the after-market batteries and force you to buy their premium priced ones. I mean seriously, WTH does this update actually do. Plus, the newest software won't update the battery at all but if you did it on the previous version as I did with one of my batteries, guess what? The other battery won't work until you "upgrade" it.

The bottom line to me is this thing was poorly rolled out, even more poorly documented/tested and at the end of the day won't even do the one and only thing I really wanted; THE 7TH CHANNEL!

Thanks for nothing DJI. Next time I'll think long and hard before installing one of these BS updates.

I don't disagree with anything you've said, however the 7th channel lever, as I understand it, was an aftermarket mod. DJI never made anyone a promise that a mod to their original design would work at any point. So not sure they're to blame for that? :?

They also never said they would intentionally try and force you to buy their brand of battery. But they did that. DJI does a lot of really sketchy stuff and we end up paying the price.

Something I learned a couple of firmware updates back, is to not install the update until you know for sure it is ready, and has no bugs, and that it doesn't rob you in some way. We use to get updates weekly at one point. They eventually slowed down to once a month. This one here was the longest. The Adjustable Go Home Altitude caught my eye the most. Not sure yet if I will install this update or not. Still need to see if it works with app's I have installed now.

Aftermarket batteries are working fine after Phantom firmware upgrade: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28524

Obviously, if you try flashing aftermarket battery's firmware with DJI's update, you are asking for trouble, but why would you want to do that in the first place, if you are using a non original component and trying to upgrade it with official DJI firmware???

I'm surprised you performed an aftermarket mod and expected support for it.

As long as you dont manually do the battery upgrade non genuine batteries still work.......its still pretty sneaky but!

flyNfrank said:
Something I learned a couple of firmware updates back, is to not install the update until you know for sure it is ready, and has no bugs, and that it doesn't rob you in some way. We use to get updates weekly at one point. They eventually slowed down to once a month. This one here was the longest. The Adjustable Go Home Altitude caught my eye the most. Not sure yet if I will install this update or not. Still need to see if it works with app's I have installed now.

I did update all.... bad weather but couldnt wait to test the altitude RTH... set it at 200ft.... it climbed and returned... Thats all I had the weather for, but I did Like it....A lot of trees and cell towers where I am at....

un hombre said:
Aftermarket batteries are working fine after Phantom firmware upgrade: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28524

Obviously, if you try flashing aftermarket battery's firmware with DJI's update, you are asking for trouble, but why would you want to do that in the first place, if you are using a non original component and trying to upgrade it with official DJI firmware???

I have 3 nuke rc batteries and I updated all 3 of them with no problem to 2.6 just like I did my DJI batteries and no problems at all they work perfectly

Dankguy123 said:
un hombre said:

I have 3 nuke rc batteries and I updated all 3 of them with no problem to 2.6 just like I did my DJI batteries and no problems at all they work perfectly
Hi, i did 1 of mine and it will not work now any suggestions would be appreciated. cheers Jeff

I believe someone made the suggestion to wait a few days(if not more) before updating ANY new firmware updates, just to make sure the bugs are addressed.
Seems like sound advice! And Im gonna do just that... Eventually I'll upgrade.

Bigdz said:
I believe someone made the suggestion to wait a few days(if not more) before updating ANY new firmware updates, just to make sure the bugs are addressed.
Seems like sound advice! And Im gonna do just that... Eventually I'll upgrade.

Bugs are supposed to be addressed during beta testing....wait, sorry, this is DJI. Apologies.

You ever hear the saying "the early Christians get the hungry lions". I think its important that there are those out there that are willing to try these upgrades soon after being announced. Especially with a company like DGI that apparently does a piss poor job of testing their releases. Not too different then Microsoft during the Vista days. But for most, its best to wait for the dust to settle before installing any changes on a perfectly good running aircraft!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl