Ready to fly over water

Reaction score
image.jpg

Reaction score
What is it with u guys? I'm surrounded by water and fly over water everyday. No worries, I swear. Keep your eyes on your altitude and battery and it's easy as pie. The p3 is a good looking machine, take those pool toys off of it! Hahaha

Reaction score
Lmao! You're kidding right?

Reaction score
What is it with u guys? I'm surrounded by water and fly over water everyday. No worries, I swear. Keep your eyes on your altitude and battery and it's easy as pie. The p3 is a good looking machine, take those pool toys off of it! Hahaha
+1..... That will not save it!

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Reaction score
I fly over water constantly (knock on wood).

The way I look at it is; if it was to drop out of the sky from 50 meters up and land on a hard surface it would probably be as destroyed as if it fell into a lake.

I'll admit it is a scary prospect at first :) I agree with the concerns about covering up antennas etc. Let us know how it turns out if you do fly with that "safety device" :)

If it was to fall into salt water it would likely get destroyed fairly quickly - and it would turn upside down perhaps and get all wet even if it might float. A lake or river might be a different matter - if you got it out and dried it out, perhaps it could be saved, I'm not sure...

Again, I'd just fly :)

Reaction score
I put two of those GETTERBACK torpedoes on the bottom skids, seemed like on the upper arms was blocking the signal.

Reaction score
My friend wants a full speed shot of his boat.... If it takes a bath at least it wont sink lol
If it takes a bath you're effed, unless it's fresh water and you still could be effed, regardless.

But whatever floats your... phantom

gd luck!

Reaction score
Vibrations will kill any footage

Reaction score
Btw, DJI does not recommend flying over water, but this is straight from their web site:....

Reactions: Pumpfixer
Reaction score
Btw, DJI does not recommend flying over water, but this is straight from their web site:....
Don't recommend flying over water and issuing a CSC. ;)

Reactions: mmee1992

Ash

Reaction score
That image made me smile. I am buying my phantom a winter jacket come January lol
seriously I flew over water today for the first time................ i've stopped worrying.............. just do it or buy a Mariner
Good luck.......... Thanks

Reactions: Pumpfixer
Reaction score
what page is that on?
Same page that tells you to not issue the command in the air. Keep trying to justify this error man.. I would truly be embarrassed..

Like complaining the gun went off when you pulled the trigger after removing the safety.

Reactions: mmee1992 and jlo
Reaction score
Same page that tells you to not issue the command in the air. Keep trying to justify this error man.. I would truly be embarrassed..

Like complaining the gun went off when you pulled the trigger after removing the safety.
I know, I know, it's like the recall on my jeep, if I roll to the side at 10 degrees my air bag might deploy. I know, I know.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rostislav