RC signal lost

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I don't know what the heck is going on, my P3S loses connectivity with the RC frequently. Anywhere from 242 feet from the home point, the farthest I was able to take it was 1075 feet, until it lost its connection and started RTH. I'm flying in wide open spaces, no obstructions. My height is anywhere from 75 feet to 400 feet. I see the RC signal strength meter fading, I'm adjusting my antennae, sometimes it helps, other times it doesn't. Any idea what the heck could be going on, it's really frustrating. I just want to take it out and let the thing rip but am losing signal with the RC way too freakin' much. The antennae wires on the legs look good. I'm assuming if something was screwed up internally in either the RC or P3S it wouldn't fly at all, or give me some kind of warning. I just updated the DJI GoApp yesterday, but have been experiencing problems with the RC losing signal prior to the update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

could be a lose wire in controller heard a lot of this happing

how old is unit

might be a dumb question is it a rocky area a lot of iron in ground will hurt signal

not really, i'm in southeastern PA. when I'm experiencing WEAK RC signal, i've flown over prior with no problem. i've only started experiencing this problem the last couple of weeks. i haven't flown it out to 1000+ feet prior to today, but never really had WEAK RC signal flashing as much as I have the last 3 X i've flown it. I'm afraid something's whacked with the bird?!? the inside of the RC looked OK to my untrained eye, nothing looked loose or anything else out of place. The antennae wires on the drone's legs look fine too. I don't know what the heck could be wrong, but it blows.

have you did latest update

only on the DJI Go App, I haven't done a firmware update, i don't know how to do that, except the first time I fired it up and it asked me to do it. i don't even know what version of firmware I'm running, how do i know what version I'm running, thanks for your help by the way.

on dji go app when bird is on under settings says about push that and tells you I would reload dji go app and then see if software update comes on if not try and fly might solve problem glad to try and help wish I could think of something better

thanks flpholt, much appreciated, will give it a whirl tomorrow, hope it works. if not, i guess i'll end up calling DJI tech support, i see they have a Los Angeles help number, that should be fun. thanks again.

yeah dji help good luck

on dji go app when bird is on under settings says about push that and tells you I would reload dji go app and then see if software update comes on if not try and fly might solve problem glad to try and help wish I could think of something better
i may be dumb here, when you say reload dji go app, do you mean

I'm running the app version 2.7.1 and FW 1.4.60, i don't know when that version of FW was released, but i haven't updated the FW since i got the thing over 2 months ago. the furthest i got today was 863 feet from home point at an altitude of 173 feet before i got WEAK RC signal, it never initiated RTH, but i had a clear line of sight with nothing in the way. i guess that's just how it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.