Rc radio systems

Reaction score
I started flying rc back in the late 80s. Back then you had radio systems for air and some for ground vehicles . We couldn't use air systems on the ground . Is that even a factor anymore?

can you explain what you mean abit more ? you mean like xxx mhz was for aircraft and yyy mhz was for ground ???
I am intrigued by your question ??
Sounds interesting, what ever it is your talking about.

I had a pilots license (private) so familiar with airspace/frequences, but obviously your talking about RC.. but yeah, just saying have abit of knowledge of stuff (here in AU anyways)

can you explain what you mean abit more ? you mean like xxx mhz was for aircraft and yyy mhz was for ground ???

I had a pilots license (private) so familiar with airspace/frequences, but obviously your talking about RC.. but yeah, just saying have abit of knowledge of stuff (here in AU anyways)
Back then when you bought a radio for your airplane, you picked a frequency number. No binding at the time. I was a member of a club and before I picked a channel to be on, I would check with other members to see what they were using. At the field, we had a frequency flag thing. When you wanted to fly, you dropped the flag with your frequency and put your pin on it. Anyone before turning on their tx had to check the flags being used. Of course there were people in the pits getting ready to fly and would turn on their tx and maybe make a flying person crash due to the aircraft didn't know which signal to respond to. There were radios for airplanes and radios for ground like cars and boats etc. Two planes on same frequency could not fly at the same time. Now you can take up multiple Phantoms all on 2.4 gh and have no problems.

Basically yes there were certain channels set aside for surface and another set for aircraft.

With today's "channel hopping" ability we don't have that problem at all. We basically get a whole crap load of channels and the Tx/Rx establish a protocol which one it uses and then "locks" together. Even if someone comes onto your "Channel" the Tx/Rx are bound and should only listen to each other.

That's greatly over simplified and might have some "Technical" errors in my writing but it's close LOL.

Ahhhh that dreaded frequency board... I changed radio equipment completely one time because the channels I had that were one rare became the most populated and I was always "waiting" for my turn LOL. I then bought a Hitec "MODULATOR" where I could dial in different channels (physically had to take it apart and select a different one) and I thought that was as good as it gets... LOL! Now we don't even know what channel we're using most of the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl