RC Not Working

What color are the back arms lights on your Phantom when the remote controller is connected?

O.P. All lights Green & Red (#5simlewis, Friday at 10:28 AM)

Does the DJI GO app show the remote controller is disconnected?

O.P. Everything else is fine .... app says Ready to go GPS

Does the camera tilt when moving the left wheel?

O.P. No the RC is not responding at all and is fully charged

If you try to calibrate the remote controller in DJI GO, do you see the sticks moving in the calibration section of DJI GO when you move them?

O.P. Yes, that works fine ...... You can take off in beginner mode but then the controls don't work

O.P. I have done and tried EVERYTHING discussed here but the message in the top left of my camera scream says.....REMOTE DISCONNECTED . My back lights flash yellow...my controller status light is green but I can't fly after the update.

I suggest that you go back to the very beginning of setting up your drone - like it just came fresh out of the box from the factory. Copy the appropriate pages out of the manual that tells you how to do this, then, as you complete each step, mark that off on your copy. DON'T skip anything - even if you "know" each item has been completed. DO EVERY step. Have someone check your work if need be.

If you will do the above exactly as the manual tells you to and THEN if you continue to have the same problem, you can be about 99% positive that your troubles are being caused by the updated software that you switched to. IF that is the case, go on-line and download and re-install the software version/revision number that was being used prior to your upgrading to what is currently on-board your 'copter.

Let us know what results you get.

Reactions: RodPad
What color are the back arms lights on your Phantom when the remote controller is connected?

If you try to calibrate the remote controller in DJI GO, do you see the sticks moving in the calibration section of DJI GO when you move them?

O.P. Yes, that works fine ...... You can take off in beginner mode but then the controls don't work

O.P. I have done and tried EVERYTHING discussed here but the message in the top left of my camera scream says.....REMOTE DISCONNECTED . My back lights flash yellow...my controller status light is green but I can't fly after the update.

I suggest that you go back to the very beginning of setting up your drone - like it just came fresh out of the box from the factory. Copy the appropriate pages out of the manual that tells you how to do this, then, as you complete each step, mark that off on your copy. DON'T skip anything - even if you "know" each item has been completed. DO EVERY step. Have someone check your work if need be.

If you will do the above exactly as the manual tells you to and THEN if you continue to have the same problem, you can be about 99% positive that your troubles are being caused by the updated software that you switched to. IF that is the case, go on-line and download and re-install the software version/revision number that was being used prior to your upgrading to what is currently on-board your 'copter.

@Jthomp
I like your post, but you have to very careful. ;)

You used information from two different posters.
@simlewis, @Offshore

Now if everybody had a different avatar, this would hardly ever happen. :rolleyes:

Rod

Reactions: Oso

Well this morning I started everything up and I got the same back aircraft lights flashing yellow.
But this time the screen say " low transmission " .
I turned everything off and restarted all.
Now the aircraft lights don't come on at all and the aircraft just beeps over and over.
No lights on at all.

I would take all the batteries and re-charge each and every one of them - RC, Phantom, and your display device. If you have the equipment and the knowledge to do it I would suggest you first discharge them to below 50%, charge them back up to 100%, then re-install them and do your normal start up. If you get the same results as you describe above I would then suspect your bird is going to make it's next "flight" inside of a cardboard box - back to DJI for some work on it.

did you try to bind the controller with the bird?
can you post a short video of both, bird and controller when you turn both on?
most likely you have a difference of firmwares and that's why it's not linking.

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-15_8-45-37.png
    upload_2017-8-15_8-45-37.png
    424.6 KB · Views: 246
did you try to bind the controller with the bird?
can you post a short video of both, bird and controller when you turn both on?
most likely you have a difference of firmwares and that's why it's not linking.

How do I sync them ?
I thought they do that automatically

How do I sync them ?
I thought they do that automatically
turn both on,
press the little button on the OFDM (little white box underneath the phantom) next to the blinking red/green light for 2 seconds. it will start blinking red only,
now on controller at the same time press C1, C2 and record button (red button on top left) for two seconds, you will hear D-DD,
release,
now press top right silver dial button on your controller in for two seconds and release,
controller will start beeping and blue light will blink on the controller.
after about 10 seconds it should stop beeping and you will get a green light on the controller.
now it is bound to the phantom.

turn both on,
press the little button on the OFDM (little white box underneath the phantom) next to the blinking red/green light for 2 seconds. it will start blinking red only,
now on controller at the same time press C1, C2 and record button (red button on top left) for two seconds, you will hear D-DD,
release,
now press top right silver dial button on your controller in for two seconds and release,
controller will start beeping and blue light will blink on the controller.
after about 10 seconds it should stop beeping and you will get a green light on the controller.
now it is bound to the phantom.

Tried everything.
I'm missing something
Now when I turn on the p3p, all I get is a loud beeping noise, no yellow, red or green propeller lights.
The small light next to the reset button blinks red and green on and off

Tried everything.
I'm missing something
Now when I turn on the p3p, all I get is a loud beeping noise, no yellow, red or green propeller lights.
The small light next to the reset button blinks red and green on and off
ok, you will have to put the FW bin file on your microSD card and put it in the camera.
make sure there is a fan blowing on the phantom at high speed so it's cooling it down while upgrading.
turn on the phantom and walk away for 20 minutes. it will reset itself after about 20 mins and then continue to do the upgrade.
that loud beeping is just really annoying. ;)

ok, you will have to put the FW bin file on your microSD card and put it in the camera.
make sure there is a fan blowing on the phantom at high speed so it's cooling it down while upgrading.
turn on the phantom and walk away for 20 minutes. it will reset itself after about 20 mins and then continue to do the upgrade.
that loud beeping is just really annoying. ;)

Don't want to sound to stupid but can you just confirm to me how I get the FW bin file on my SD card.
Can you send me the link to download it to my SD card on my PC ?
Thanks a million if I win powerball tonight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94